Stop Eating Sugar

This topic contains 1 reply, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  mukica 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Sugar also produces an extra fatty substance in the body that makes you unfit and causes health problems. Reducing intake of sweet substances helps you maintain the body. Making a habit taking fruit juice or tea without sugar keeps you fit and away from fats which causes weight gain.

Fruit juice isn’t such a great idea.

Fruit yes. Fruit juiced no.

Take for example apple juice. The amount of sugar in a cup of apple juice is about 7 cubes worth of sugar. No fiber in that like an apple has. So the sugar is straight up sugar.

Late here I’ll post more about this later. It’s really interest ling and I think an important distinction to make.

– Trying Harder

Just wanted to mention another tip,

I’ve described in other forum threads some of the herbal teas that I make to keep me going throughout my fast days.

Just drinking one from yesterday now. A masala tea, no caffeine as I haven’t put any black tea in the mix. I’ve made it like a suntea, leaving it out for a day letting it infuse at room temperature. There is a branch of cinnamon, two cloves, some fennel seed, black pepper and ginger in my mix.

It’s delicious ! You would swear there was sugar in it but there isn’t even an ounce of the stuff! It’s the cinnamon gives you that impression, I think !

In french, you see a phrase (“exhauster de gout”) in the list of ingredients in sauces that translates to “flavor exhauster”. This relates only to the savory, but I think all this added sugar in processed foods means we have gotten used to foods with much higher levels of sugar than previous generations. We tolerate higher and higher levels of sugar in all kinds of drinks and foodstuffs!

I’m always looking for ingredients that somehow seem sweet without there being any added sugar, indeed any at all.

I call ’em “tongue twisters”! Sugar without there being sugar!

Anyone else found one of these in their cooking/eating/drinking ?

-Trying Harder

It depends on what you mean by sugar, how often you’ve been eating it, and in what portion sizes.

Usually, when people say they’re going to stop eating sugar, they mean white table sugar, brown sugar, and corn syrup.

They often aren’t including honey, maple syrup, and agave syrup, because they perceive these as “natural” and therefore not as bad for you.

They often aren’t including the natural sugar in fruit and dairy products, either.

Neither are they thinking of fruit juice, even though unsweetened fruit juice has more sugar in it than soda. In fact, I consider fruit juice to be an added simple sugar.

@smotfi1 – it isn’t natural sugar it is added sugar. It you add honey or maple syrup or agave syrup they count as added sugars. The sugars in fruit, dairy and even vegetables that occur naturally are not counted because they weren’t added. The is going by the WHO recommendations. http://sugarscience.ucsf.edu/sugar-faq.html#.WvJ-8kxuKUk

Pure fruit juice is debatable. The problem is the amount of fruit used can be very high, like 8 apples to make a glass of apple juice. Still there is evidence that pure fruit juice can reduce endotoxins generated from greasy meals or even reduce insulin spiking after eating a high carb meal. Still if one is trying to reduce added sugars then fruit juice should probably be avoided as well as eating out at fast food chains. See Brad Pilon’s “Good Belly, Bad Belly” for information about studies on juice and endotoxins.

When I get cravings I usually just drink something and they go away.. this might sound kind of weird but it works for me.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply.