Start Fasting after breakfast?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Amazon 9 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• I have just started 5:2 (just week one). A friend tells me that her mother has been successfully doing it but she starts her fast day after breakfast. So has breakfast (no counted calories) and then fasts until dinner time (7pm ish) and then fast until next day with breakfast slightly later than normal. Has anybody tried this. It seems you are still getting the 2 x 12 hour fast periods. Would appreciate any ones thoughts.

Everyone’s different. That’s my disclaimer. That being said, I have been doing nothing in my free time but studying the 5:2 diet and people’s experiences doing it, even though I just learned about the 5:2 diet yesterday. I have found the most common success when it comes to how to go about the calorie restricted day is to think of it as putting gas in a car.

What seems like the smarter thing to do: fill up the gas tank in your car and wait until it’s running on fumes, or fill the tank, wait until it hits a safe low level remaining, and fill it up again?

After all the reading and watching I’ve done in the last twenty-four hours, there is no doubt in my mind that spreading out my calories through the entire day is the best way to trick my stomach into thinking I’m still going. Some people would disagree, saying a tiny amount of food only makes them hungrier, but that’s what the water trick is for!

This is all my personal opinion, and what I plan to do when I start the 5:2 diet on Monday (2/3). I’m sure I’ll find ways to tweak it and make it easier to get through the calorie restricted days, but this is my suggestion to you, a fellow newbie to the 5:2 diet 🙂

Best wishes to you!

The question is, which 24 hour period does she only have 500 calories? If there isn’t one then she isn’t doing 5:2

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.