Reheating Pasta – Michael Mosley

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Food Top tips
Reheating Pasta – Michael Mosley

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Trying Harder 9 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• I don’t know if this information is on here somewhere, but I thought it might be of interest.

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-29629761

Thanks Kvetina!
    This was very interesting and well worth looking at.
    I was wondering if eating pasta was a good thing or a bad thing. On my fast days I tend to reheat a pasta dish.Saves thinking about what to cook.
    Thanks again for posting.

Yay! Pasta’s back on the menu 😀

yeah. This was just the subject I wanted to ask about!

For those of you that didnt click on the link in the opening post (to Dr Mosleys article on the BBC website) basically the recent test regarding hot, cold and reheated pasta was pretty incredible!

When you cool pasta and then reheat it, effectively it makes for less calories. Just how much no one said. I’d be interested in hearing those numbers. Even estimates! I mean is it 10% or is it 40% or are we talking .2 % ???

And I wondered if this difference would show up in how our bodies process other starches like rice ? And would whole wheat pasta or gluten free whole grain pastas offer the same benefit in any significant amount.

When I first saw that in Dr. Mosley’s Trust Me I’m A Doctor series, i wanted to write in and ask about it then… also this experiment was done with a small group of young people (both men and women) . Would this hold true for all age groups and for both men and women?

Need some more info here!

– Trying Harder!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.