Progress

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  lwgall 10 years ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Since starting the 5:2 diet on January 31, I have lost 21.6 lbs! Today, I am the lowest I have been since my 20s and I am now 53.

Following this food plan wasn’t the only strategy I employ in this weight battle. I try to do the following and am successful for the most part. I don’t mean to boast, but wanted to offer what is working for me in the hope that it will help someone else.

1. Drink 6-8 liters of water a day.
    2. Stand at my computer at work. Sit for meetings
    3. Had my levothyroxin dose adjusted a tad and take the pill in the middle of the night. The lab shows my TSH levels are more on the low end of the lab’s normal range.
    4. Have a 30 minute high intensity exercise class 5 times a week, alternating strength and cardio. (Free to me!)
    5. Ride my bike to and from work 4-5 times a week (9 mile round trip)
    6. Investigated Overeaters Anonymous to try and curb my compulsive eating tendencies. Some of what they offer is working.
    7. I fast on Tuesdays and Fridays (usually at 500 calories) and try to keep the other days caloric intake at 500 under my TDEE and 400 over my BMR. I am willing to try anything else if I plateau.

My weight loss was not linear. I typically lose one week and gain a bit the next.

Well done!
    Impressive figure and helpful ideas – thank you 🙂

I started the “strategy” yesterday with oatmeal for breakfast at 11 am. By 1:30 I was hungry, but kept chugging the various liquids. By 4pm I was freezing! My fingernails were blue. By 7pm I could have waited another 1/2 hour to eat, but didn’t.
    This morning I was down .9#. Off to a good start, but will have protein for breakfast next time and try the 2pm to 2pm schedule.
    Did anyone else get cold?

I get really cold too Iwgall! Maybe it’s because your digestive system isn’t working as hard as usual?

I’m only a week into this now with 2 stone to lose but it’s been not too hard so far! I have a 200 cal lunch and 300 cal dinner as I find if I eat bfast it makes me hungrier.

Reading these forums is great and really inspirational! Well done Amy C! I hope to be as successful as you 🙂

Thanks, amzta. I guess we’re the only ones so far. I also have Reyes syndrome (cold hands and feet) so maybe that plays into it. I’m going to stick with it though as I’ve lost 2# in 3 days.
    Is a stone 7#? I’m in the U.S.
    Leigh

I got cold too – mind you, a lot of the symptoms that other people have written about here I also had when I began this (February), got cold very easily, couldn’t sleep had the runs after every fast day. None of that happens now any more – my body has obviously got used to it, but I’m not sure when it stopped. I found a hot cup of tea always worked wonders!

Thanks easterbunny. I’ll try that.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply.