This topic contains 211 replies, has 47 voices, and was last updated by  LadyMacca 8 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 51 through 100 (of 213 total)

• Hi everyone, hope you’re all having a good day! Fast day 2 for me and so far so good. I haven’t eaten anything yet (11.43am) and I’m thinking of going straight through to dinner now – my middle daughter has a showcase at school this afternoon between 1.30 and 2.30 so I might just wait and have an early dinner with them afterwards (the rest of the curried carrot soup I made for fast day 1 on Tuesday for me with a couple of slices of WW bread). Going to have a black coffee in a minute – never used to like it but I’m finding the vanilla flavoured nespresso capsules are really nice. Then a quest protein bar with my evening cup of tea later (early night again!)

Good morning ladies!

Well I made it through two consecutive fast days, I am so pleased with myself! Claire I am exactly the same today, very conscious about what Im eating, checking the calories in everything!!! I almost want to carry on fasting but I know its not healthy nor realistic, Im happy with my two fast days at the moment.

I like the idea of lemon with hot water Mia – very refreshing too! Will have to give it a go. Well done on the exercise Mymi – hope your day goes well.

Well ladies…im about to break my fast this lunch and have a curry with my colleagues but Ill be saying no to the poppadoms and naan bread!

Hope you all have a wonderful day,

Rebecca

Well I managed until 11am before I had my porridge, lunch isn’t until 2ish so wont be too hungry by then. I will have used 233cals so that still leaves me with 267 for my dinner which is plenty (I hope)

Hiya! I’m a newbie to 5:2, yesterday was my first fast day.

Hi all

Hi Dara how did you find your first day?, I’m on day two and so far have had nothing to eat, plenty to drink though 🙂 I’m trying to save myself for my dinner tonight. It seems far easier today, although I have had a manic day of driving everywhere so that’s probably it!
    I have a exercise bike but the sad person that I am will sit on it in front of the tv and catch up on some programmes I’ve recorded!!
    Hope everyone is having a good day fasting or not 🙂
    Mia x

Doesn’t matter where you do your exercise once you do something. My exercise is very limited due to 3 hip op over the last 2.5years. I’m allowed cycle, walk (on a static walker not outside) and some very easy swimming ( but I don’t have easy access to a pool)so I too use my walker in front of the TV. Not a bit hungry but still looking forward to my piece of steak & veggies

Hi all

On my second consecutive fast day and have found it so much easier today! But still have the evening to get through – does anyone else find it more difficult in the evening whilst at home?

Hope everyone is getting on well!

Hi, just joined and was wondering what everyone’s weigh loss has been and had great choices of good for the 500 cal days?

Thanks

Chantal

Morning guys!
    I’m in a great mood today after my 3rd fast day yday – it’s funny, I’m finding I wake up with loads of energy after a fast day… and of course, food tastes sooo good! 😀
    Yesterday was tough but I managed despite having to walk through town past several amazing smelling restaurants. Enjoyed a peppermint tea in a bar with a friend surrounded by people eating 🙂
    Looking forward to my next weigh in on Tuesday although I’m not expecting as much of a loss as last week.
    Chantal – most of us on here have only been doing 5:2 for a week or 2 so losses aren’t huge yet! I lost 5lbs in Wk1 despite Easter chocolate.

How’s everyone doing today? I’m interested to hear how much other people have lost in their first week?

Take care
    Amy x

Hi Ladies, well my 1st fast day was grand. I had a meeting last night so I wasn’t sitting around wanting to eat.weighted myself this morning & I’m a bit confused. Weighted when I got up & lost 3lbs, done my 20mins cycle & weight myself again (while waiting for shower to heat)& I’d lose 5lbs….. I know that I’ve gained 8lbs since start of March as I gave up the cigarettes but why the difference in before & after exercise weight?.
    Also I found a great app called fat secret calories count & its brill. Very easy to use & keeps track of exercise & food.
    How are you all doing? Do you only weight once a week?

Hi all and welcome Chantal,

It seems everyone is doing really well and as for your weight question mymi after exercise I haven’t a clue, sorry. Well done on giving up the nicotine though I don’t smoke but my bro has been trying for years so I know its not easy.

In terms of weighing myself I must admit I’m not generally very good at sticking to weighing myself once a week even though I always say I will and tend to weigh myself a few times. I have even before when I was doing weight watchers told my mum to take my scales to her house as I got so focused on stepping on them every morning.

On a normal day today but have the in-laws visiting all weekend which normally involves fish & chips and bacon sandwiches so this could be an interesting few days….

Happy fasting/non fasting day folks

Claire

Claire, I’m the same as you with the weighting. I weight myself every morning but I suppose I should pick a day to get weighted & go by that weight. Hope you enjoy the weekend & the sun continues to shine,

I also find I’m lighter after exercise – I think it’s water weight that you sweat out. I’m going for a weigh in once a week and going to take measurements too.

Amy x

I must remember to do the measurement next week!!

Hi all:-) welcome Chantal

Yesterday was great fast day 2, woke up today feeling great, normal day, made mistake of having cereal for breakfast since then all i have craved is sweet stuff and feel so hungry 🙁 how can i do my fast days brilliantly and not eat all day, yet eat normally and i crave everything?!? i walk about 3 miles each morning and fast days have been fine, had cereal before i went nd while walking felt light headed and shaky. Im thinking that cerea isnt for me anymore and i will have lots of fruit instead.
    I am toying with the idea of 3:4 now but will see.
    I have been weighing myself each day but decided to weigh myself on a monday and do waist measurement thn too, i will drive myself mad if i weigh each day and scales dont change!!! Mia x

Try porridge Mia, keeps you full and it’s slow burning so you won’t get light-headed.
    I’m on a non-fast day today and looking forward to a nice steak dinner with the boyfriend tonight 😀
    Anyone got plans this weekend?
    x

I’m on day 4 now and have already done my 2 fast days (Tuesday and Thursday). I weighed myself this morning (probably a silly thing to do!) and I’ve gone from 154lbs (11st) on Tuesday morning to 149.6lbs today (10st 9.6lbs) so just over 4lbs lost in 3 days :-O

I doubt I’ll still weigh that on Tuesday morning though (which will be 1 full week since I started) after normal eating for 3 or 4 days but I would like my regular weigh in days to be a Friday.

I have a headache today and no paracetamol/ibuprofen in the house. I haven’t drunk as much water as I’ve been out of the house lots with my wee boy and we’re going to pick up his sisters from school shortly (and I need to pee all the time when I drink lots of water so can’t drink just now!!) When we get back I’ll up my water intake and see if that helps.

Hope everyone is having a good day! I’m trying to decide what to have for dinner tonight…

I think I’ve decided on tagliatelle with smoked salmon, asparagus and peas in a creme fraiche, lemon and dill sauce. Never made it before – hope it’s nice!!

Wow that’s amazing KellyD, I would be chuffed to bits with a 4lb loss.

amzta – I have a weekend of gardening ahead I think, but looking out of the window its chucking it down with rain so maybe not!

Thanks Claire! I’m just not sure I can claim it yet – I’d only done 3 days out of my first week and 2 of those had been fast days so not sure how my weight will look on Tuesday morning after 4 “normal” days. I think that’ll be the true weightloss for the week.

How is everyone doing today? Its miserable here & very cold. I’ve the fire lit & trying to get momentum up to hit the shed for a spin on d bike :-! Done pretty OK yesterday & even managed not to use all my calories. OK off for a 40mins cycle, I can’t put it off any longer

Hi mymi,

Hope you enjoyed your cycle. I’m not on another fast day until Monday and trying to be good(ish) but not counting calories too seriously. Not too bad yesterday but had my weekly bacon sandwich and some of my easter egg today so going to take it easy for the rest of the day.

Hows everyone else doing?

Claire

Hey guys
    I was SO BAD this weekend – was out Fri and Sat night and enjoyed much wine and cocktails then yesterday in my weak hungover state I ordered a Dominos pizza :/
    The weird thing is as soon as I ate it I just felt awful – I didn’t really even enjoy it. So I’ve decided – no more pizza from now on, I’m cutting it right out. I know 5:2 isn’t about cutting stuff out but pizza is my main comfort food and weakness and it always makes me feel really bloated and crap so it has to go!!
    Did anyone else go a bit crazy this weekend?
    Amy x

My first day today. I have lost 2 stone on Weight Watchers but have found that now I am almost at goal I can’t seem to motivate myself to keep going. I am hoping that this will give me my final push and then help me to maintain goal weight once I am there.

I have decided to skip breakfast and try to have lunch as late as possible (a weight watchers soup, a small Banana and a ‘light’ alpen bar) Dinner will be a chicken breast with Vegetables.
    I do exercise 5-6 days per week (things like Insanity) and wondered how people get on with this sort of thing on their fast days? I will not be able to exercise until this evening and worry that this will send me ‘over the edge!’ how does everyone else cope with it?
    Thanks, Sasha

Hi everyone, hope you had a good weekend! Day 7 for me so weighing in officially tomorrow after my first full week. Feels like ages since my last fast on Thursday – I’m actually quite looking forward to tomorrow! I’ve been keeping a note of everything I’m eating/drinking on my non fast days to make sure I stay between BMR and TDEE. I’m usually closer to BMR though (closer to TDEE last night after eating a creme egg and sharing a bag of Tyrell’s sweet and salty popcorn with the hubby lol). Good luck everyone who’s fasting today!

p.s. Welcome Sasha! I haven’t managed to exercise at all yet but I’m thinking I won’t on fast days as I feel I don’t have enough energy and both days I went to bed really early. Good luck! Let us know how you get on and if you do manage to exercise on your fast days!

Evening all,

The big weigh in for me tomorrow morning too so hope everyones goes ok. In relation to exercise I have been combining the coach to 5k running app with the 30 day shred on alternate days and also a session of body pump at the gym. I’m a bit worried though as talking to somebody they said doing so much weights will reduce the weight I lose and I might be disappointed in the morning. I want to try and get some swimming sessions in maybe instead of the weights and if I’m crying tomorrow morning the weights will be going out of the window!
    I also have been keeping a rough guestimate of what I’m eating on normal days so am interested to know how you guys keep an eye on what you are eating on non fast days, or do you?

Claire

Hi all, we’ll my 2nd fast day didn’t go as well as I expected.I ended up just short of passing out in the shop at lunch time. Ended up been giving lucozade by the cashier to stop my shakes. I had to give upthe fadt & eat a non fasting day food. I’m going to try again tomorrow but will eat breakfast, lunch & dinner. Has anyone else suffered from the shakes or sweating while fasting?

Hi everyone! Today is my 3rd fast day. I lost 4 lbs. after my first week, which was very encouraging! Someone asked about what we eat on fast days…last week I had soup, a hard-boiled egg and crackers (as many as I could with the calories left after the soup and egg). Tonight I had a chicken, cheese & bean burrito (400 calories) and a small apple (55 calories). I only eat dinner on my fast days. I drink water and black tea during the day. I have a cup of hot water with lemon juice every morning (been doing that for months). On my non-fast days, I eat what I want but try not to over eat. I fast on Mondays and Wednesdays and get weighed on Friday mornings. I have to lose a total of 87 lbs., so I know it will take me a couple years to get to my goal weight. I’m just hoping this is the last diet I ever have to try! Lori

Good morning Fast Bunnies! 🙂

Just finished Wk 2 and weighed myself this morning…

Starting weight: 11st 12lbs
    Current weight: 11st 7lbs
    Weight loss this week: 0lbs
    Total weight loss: 5lbs

So it’s no change for me this week…which I’m actually quite pleased about considering how much I pigged out this weekend.

Feeling lighter and a bit tighter anyway so I’m going to measure later – maybe I’ll see change there!

How is everyone?
    Amy x

Morning All,

Sorry to hear you weren’t feeling too great mymi, definitely a wise move giving the fasting a miss for that day. Are you drinking enough as I remember when I was a bit like that months ago they said its because I was dehydrated.

Hi LorilnCT, I have a similar amount to lose and like you imagine it will take me a year+ to get to goal. Well first weigh in for me and I have lost 2.5lbs which I’m a bit disappointed with for my first week especially seen as though it consisted of three fast days. I’m going to try and be more aware of calorie intake on my non fast days and I’ve downloaded the myfitness pal app to count calories although I didn’t really want to have to do this but I will see how it goes.

All in all I haven’t found my first fast week too bad a it’s contained a meal out, a bacon sandwich, pizza and easter eggs so maybe I can’t complain at 2.5lbs after all!

Claire

Well done Amy & Claire on the weight loss.
    I’m on my fast day today & feel fine so far.I drink at least 2l water in work every day but struggle when I’m at home. I think I was unwell yesterday due to a few things, tired, due period & also hungry.I’ve had 30g porridge so far & have salad ready for lunch with spaghetti Bologna’s for dinner which comes in at 480 just have to check the meat weight:-!

Well done Amy, Lori & Claire on the weight loss.
    I’m on my fast day today & feel fine so far.I drink at least 2l water in work every day but struggle when I’m at home. I think I was unwell yesterday due to a few things, tired, due period & also hungry.I’ve had 30g porridge so far & have salad ready for lunch with spaghetti Bologna’s for dinner which comes in at 480 just have to check the meat weight:-!

Hi Everyone

Welcome to new fast bunnies and well done to everyone on weight loss etc 🙂
    Hope your next fast day goes well Mymi, take it easy.
    I did my first week weigh in today and have lost 3 1/4 lbs which I’m happy about, I lost 1inch round my waist, but I just feel better, although I wasn’t so good at the weekend and had a bottle of wine & cookies!! but felt awful after the cookies, so I’m already beginning to notice changes to the food I’m enjoying, although still plenty of bad habits I need to break!
    My fast days are going ok its the non fast days that I’m struggling with, I almost feel bad for eating after a fast day,just need more practice I think!!
    Hope everyone is ok Mia x

Hi fellow fast bunnies!

Weigh in day and after weighing last Friday after 3 days on the diet (and 2 fast days) and seeing a 4.4lb loss I was sceptical it’d be the same this morning after a further 4 “normal” days (eating between BMR and TDEE). I was right – it was more :-O

Start weight: 11st (154lbs)
    Current weight: 10st 8.8lbs (148.8lbs)
    Total loss: 5.2lbs (oh I’ve just noticed – I lost 5.2 doing 5:2 lol)

I’m over the moon! I feel a bit slimmer and I’m finding fast days pretty ok so far (finished number 3 today). Hope everyone has had a good day!

p.s. Claire I’ve been keeping a journal and logging everything I eat/drink. I have a tendency to binge so I wanted to keep an eye on my intake all days. I’m trying to stick to closer to BMR but a couple of days it’s been closer to TDEE if I’ve fancied a creme egg or (and!) some popcorn.

Wow well done that’s an amazing weight loss, very inspirational. I have today been tracking on the myfitnesspal app what i’ve been eating and I’ve found it really helpful. Cream eggs sneaked into my food intake last week aswell, I bloomin love em!

Night all

Claire x

Hi Fast bunnies,
    Well done everyone on the weight loss, fantastic. Well i managed to complete another day fast so Im fasting today aswell and then I’ll be back on track with getting weighted/measured in the morning.
    i found yesterday grand but last night my belly was rumbing very loudly. fingers crossed that I get through today.
    On my non fast days I use an app called calorie counter-fat secret. Its great as it also includes your exercise, a barcode reader and has the most popular brands already on it. Worth a look and its free
    OK back to work for me…onwards and downwards 😉

Morning:-)

Well done Kelly fantastic,

what sort of foods are you all eating on your non fast days?, I’m going through a feeling guilty for eating on a non fast day, which I know isn’t the point of this diet and I need to eat but at the moment I’m not eating properly on the non fast days either 🙁
    Will have a look at the apps available

Mia

Hi I’m new also?
    Well started about 2 weeks ago :0)
    I went to see my spinal surgeon and I told him I had just started weight watchers, he told me about 5:2 then I did the research and started the following day
    I have around the 500 calories on fast days, & have 1200 on normal days…… I walk 5 days a week anywhere between 4-7 klm’s and feel great, even on fast days? I never feel dizzy or faint and walk a pretty good pace.
    So far my husband has been good about it? If we happen to go out on my fast day unexpectedly I never make myself feel,bad as I know I can make it up on my next fast day…
    So far I’ve lost 3 kilos and inches in 4 weeks to date..
    So I did weight watchers 2 weeks, then 5:2 for 2 weeks, now combine the two on a daily basis
    Their are so many Apps out their to help you keep your progress and your training
    I’m so glad I was told about this, as I’m middle aged & can’t believe how energized I feel after this short while..
    Extremely happy with my weight loss to date
    Regards

Hi Fast Bunnies,
    Welcome to all the newbies. Well done on all the weight loss so far.

Well I done my 1st offical weight-in this morning:
    Start weight: 16st6lbs (230lbs)
    Current weight: 16 (224lbs)
    Total loss: 6lbs (YYYIIIPPPEEEE)

I’m completely over the moon..I know that some of it was water retention, but by god i feel good. I also lost 1 inch from my waist so that is also good. The loss is after 3 fast days since last Wednesday as I wanted to weight on Thursday mornings.
    I didnt do any exercise the last 2 mornings just to be safe while fasting but headed out this morning for 25mins in the shed and just loved it.
    I was hoping to do my fast days next Monday & wednesday but we have a Bank holiday on Monday so might do Sunday & Tuesday instead…
    Hope the rest of you all have a great day 😉

Hey Fast Bunnies!

Congrats congrats congrats on the amazing weight loss so far!
    It’s really inspiring me to keep pushing on even though I didn’t lose anything last week.

Fast day numero 5 today and I haven’t eaten anything yet – I’m trying a new approach of saving most of my cals for dinner and just drinking tea all day. It’s actually easier than having lunch, I don’t feel so hungry in the afternoon 🙂 Also it mean dinner feels just like a non-fast day dinner and I don’t get those evening munchies!

Does anyone have any meal ideas for 500 cal dinners?

Good luck to all those fasting today 😉
    Amy x

Hi,
    Yesterday was my first fast day and I saved most of my calories for tea time. I had a piece of smoked haddock with fine beans and mange tout and even with 10 grams of Lurpack lightest butter on top of the fish it only came to 210 calories. It was very filling and tasted good, I was almost tempted to have a piece of bread but I don’t want to eat heavy carbs on a fast day. There was plenty of cals left for a youghurt whoopiee!!!

Morning all and welcome to the group Gi Gi and missjane66.

Well done Mymi thats an amazing loss, well done. It sounds like you are doing everything right and exercising regularly so it sounds well deserved.

i’m away with friends this weekend and just done two days back to back which in all honesty I found a bit of a killer and quite weak and leathargic last night so was in bed for 7.30pm. Still chuffed I did it but won’t be doing it again in a hurry but I know people really like it so I guess it’s horses for courses.

I’m going to try and not be too bad food wise this weekend but watch this space….

Hows everyone else’s weeks going?

Claire

Good morning, I am new to this forum, I started the diet 7 weeks ago and lost a great 4 kilos, but I noticed that for the last 2 weeks I seem to plateau, very frustrating, I am sticking religiously to the 500 cal on the fasten days, I do eat normal on the other days, a bit more and a few drinks on the weekend. Anyone had any similar experiences, need a bit of motivation please. 🙂

Hello welcome to the group Gi Gi, missjane66 & Kitty 61

This week I’m trying the 4:3, did Monday, Wednesday & today, struggling a bit today but I shall carry on 🙂

Fantastic weight loss Mymi 🙂 Have a great weekend Claire, you did well with 2 fast days back to back, not sure I could, glad you got through it ok.

Kitty, although your weight has stayed the same, how are your measurements waist etc? are you noticing a difference or has everything stopped?

I have ulcerative colitis, which I have had several minor flare ups recently but since starting the fast diet, I feel totally normal, a lot of the niggly symptoms which can really get me down aren’t there and for that I am totally committed to carry on as it has helped no end, I am a happier person because of it 🙂

Wonder if I can join the group – total newbie – starting weight 14st10 so lots to go. Planning on a fast on Monday – I know it is a bank holiday but hope with planning and keping myself busy it will be okay. Need help as really struggle on my own. Thanks, Katherine

Hi loadstolose, I have noticed that my trousers are fitting better, still got at least one stone to loose and after such a great start was hoping it goes on like that, just being impatient. Might try an extra fasten day next week, a nice weekend to all fasteners 🙂

Hi Katherine

Welcome to the group, I started the Tuesday after Easter Monday, I was going to do Monday but decided to have one last easter egg!! so my fasting days are Tuesday & Thursday usually. I too struggle on my own so it’s good to check back her lots to see how everyone is getting on, If I’m feeling like I need to eat I look on here at the success stories and it keeps me going 🙂 Good luck with your first fast day, let us know how you get on 🙂

Kitty, I’m only on week two so I’m hoping at my next weigh in Tuesday to have lost, but I’ve already notice my body shape changing, I shall try not to get so hung up on what the scales say, as my weight can change by 2/3lbs daily!!
    My plan is to watch the change by the clothes I wear and hopefully see them get bigger & bigger 🙂 It sounds like it’s working great if your trousers are fitting better, don’t worry too much about the scales 🙂

Mia

Thanks for the welcome Mia -started exercising a few weeks ago – something called buttkick which is great, not really noticing weight loss but clothes fitting different and lots of people telling me I look different and glowing- has given me loads more energy and even off to zumba tonight and went line dancing for the first time in years on Wednesday.
    Have about 4 stone to loose although happy with getting into the next weight bracket as my first goal – have tried fasting ages ago and loved it but then my work changed and earlier mornings and later nights so fell off it so time to take control back.
    The forums looks great as I really need help to stay on track and loose focus easily.
    Look forward to getting to know everyone, Katherine

Hello Gigi, Katherine and Kitty!

Welcome to the Fast Bunnies!

Had a successful fast day yesterday, didn’t eat until 7pm! :O
    In the past this would have been unheard of for me. I find distraction is key- I went shopping after work with a friend. Got a nice playsuit and a dress to wear this weekend. I’m meeting my boyfriend’s sister tonight and his parents on Sunday so want to make a good impression! :S
    At least I’ll get a wee confidence boost from my slightly flatter tummy, thanks to trusty 5:2!

Does anyone have any nice weekend plans?
    Amy x

Thanks Mia, it’s nice to talk to people who are on the same thing, been on diets as long as I can think back, and get the oh it won’t work in the long run from friends, but what am I supposed to do, just give up and get as big as a house. The nice thing with this diet is, it gives you an idea what to do to keep the weight off. Managed many times to reach my goal weight, but it back on after some time. With the 6:1 to just keep the weight you want sounds great to me, still some way to go. Out tonight with my hubby for a few drinks gonna try not to overdo it lol, have a nice weekend everyone. Margot x

Viewing 50 posts - 51 through 100 (of 213 total)

You must be logged in to reply.