New girl – 38 lbs to lose

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
New girl – 38 lbs to lose

This topic contains 116 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by  issu 9 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 118 total)

• Hello all, lurker alert!
    i’ve just completed my first week with a loss of 4lbs 🙂
    i’ve tried slimming world, weightwatchers, rosemary connelly and even the hypnotist chap!
    with a familial risk of type 1 diabetes and heart issues this is promising to be a good plan to have discovered, and at 14st 6lbs i was almost as heavy as just before giving birth!
    but the first week was amazingly comfortable and husband is being very supportive – he’s a natural feast and fast type eater and thinks the evidence is supporting logic with this plan.
    read the book 6 months ago, and then again twice in the last two weeks 🙂
    here’s to better health and a neater sillhouette 😉
    xx pops xx

Welcome to the forum Pops and congratulations on a fabulous first week.
    You have such good support at home I can’t see you failing to change your life around!
    Well done.

Well done with your week 1 loss, pops, wow that’s fantastic!

I have about the same lbs to lose and am just starting my second week, here we go!

Aud x

Hey Pops, great job so far! Haha imagine losing that baby again 😉

Right then – 34 lbs to go!
    Sunday night and I’m actually quite looking forward to my fast day tomorrow 😉
    A very busy week ahead so I expect to wake up and find myself at Friday morning in no time.
    Will weigh in on Tuesday (after mondays fast) and see where I am!

2 weeks since I started, sts this week but that’s fine after a 4lb loss last week.
    More importantly I have shrunk by 1″ both around my tummy button and under the bust! 😀

How’d you weigh in? ^^ Curious!

Hey pops…I was 14 1/2 stone at 9 mths pregnant too ( 9.5 when I got pregnant, doctors thought I had diabetes..umm, no!)
    Time to get rid of the placenta that still must be up there ….
    How did you go Monday?

Well, thanks for that very, very disturbing thought Dumpy.

Might be a list twin, living off said placenta ….

Ew!
    I just have basic scales and weighed at 14.2 on Monday and the same this morning.
    Measurements are done once a week too.

Probably not pregnancy weight any more since they are 12 and 8 yrs old!
    😉

Ooh thanks for that Dumpy, I may incorporate that into a Sci-Fi story.

List twin!??

Thanks iPad. But I wanted lost, not list…
    Really, you don’t have to change every word!

Haha oooh they’ll be a species called the Lists. The females always get pregnant with twins but they give birth only to 1 (worker), whilst the other one gets to stay inside longer to eat the placenta, making it stronger than its sibling so suitable to be a soldier.

There, plot done.

Perfect!!

Fast 6 nearly done. Temptation to skip it was high today with a shared lunch at work and wanting a family treat to celebrate my child’s achievement. But I did not want to forfeit my Friday Saturday or Sunday so I thought I’d suck it up and get on with it 😉
    I’m so close to the beginning still there’s no visible change yet to motivate me but I certainly don’t want to just stay where I am.

Gosh, that must have been hard!! Well done.
    We have a shared lunch at craft today, for Christmas…I fasted Wednesday cos of it.
    I’m the youngest by 20 yrs…the old biddies can bake.

I posted this on another girls thread, it might help you.
    Listen at night before bed, or if not doable 22 mins during the day, you need to re program your mind, to see yourself ‘ how you want to be’ and visualisations do that
    http://jon-g-support-group.s3.amazonaws.com/visualizations/Evening%20Visualization.mp3
    Jon Gabriel lives in Perth, but is American. Wrote a book the Gabriel method.
    He is really good. Has a website.

Let me know what you think.

Hmm I’ve hijacked that MP3 as well, I’ll have a listen.

Let me know if it works.

Well done for being strong, Pops, I did my day 6 yesterday too and got suddenly ravenous right after I’d eaten my evening meal, I was: ‘that was that was NOT the way it was supposed to work’, LOL.

I resisted too. I can’t believe it. This is not like me 🙂

Thanks dumpling, I’ll give it a go 😉
    I am liking the forum, such lovely support ♡

Hey pops! How’ve you been holding up?

Good thankyou!
    1lb more off, 33lbs to go 🙂

People at work are starting to ask “is this your skinny day?” and chatting about the theory 🙂

I’m definitely changing eating habits too. I am not snacking on feast days! Biccies and crisps are not as appealing as they used to be, I’d much rather wait for something special (like galaxy! )

Hi, Pops x
    I’m lol at your workers and the ‘skinny day’ 🙂 Are they being supportive? I haven’t really said anything at work yet; I guess I’m reticent in case I blow it.. but I don’t think I will.

I hear what you’re saying about saving the cals for a really nice treat. I LOVE Galaxy, they have those wee Christmas present Galaxy things in the shops at the mo.. damn them, lol.

Aud x

Here at work some people have noticed and accepted that I no longer go with them to do lunch. I’m not sure they understand though, one day I went home halfway through the day with stomach aches and someone said “She just needs to eat lunch” as a half joke. However my boss (who was interested and who I explained it to) replied to her with “It’s just a different way of eating.” He’s muslim, so knows the concept of fasting (during Ramadan) so maybe that’s it.

Most people are supportive, and those who aren’t, aren’t being mean about it or anything. They just go “… that can’t be healthy” or something, and I just smile and tell them I think it is and that it works for me.

Anyway!

They are very supportive actually 🙂 its a school, everyone’s on a diet of some kind! At the same time there’s always cake or doughnuts *_*

Going well all in all 🙂
    3 weeks til Christmas -can I make it another 3/4 lbs 😉

I’m hi-jacking the MP3 too – to give it a go. It’ll be a change from my Steve G Jones track.

Just go for it pops! Set it as a soft goal ^^ (Meaning you’ll be happy when you reach it but don’t beat yourself up if you don’t).

Fast day today.
    Last Tuesday weighed 13:13 which is fantastic, however the Christmas foods have started arriving in the house and the pressure of work and uni and family sagas have been building so it’s all up in the air. Who knows that I am this eeek – could be back up a lb or the same or down one. And I wouldn’t put money on any of these options!

Haha well just stay relaxed and try to decide which foods are worth indulging on. Instead of eating it all, just pick some which you really like, then enjoy them. It’ll help keep the scales down and you’ll still enjoy the food! ^^ (And the scales as well, not unimportant).

Mint matchmakers are high up on that list!

Mint matchmakers? Sounds… strangely erotic. I mean exotic. 😉

I wonder if they have any Christmas foods in China. I believe there’s a mooncake festival coming up… only mooncake I’ve ever had made me gag, apparently there’s a ton of different types but I kinda don’t wanna know just in case I might love it and get a new craving besides dumplings x)

Last Tuesday turned out to be another 2 lbs making 8 lbs in 6 weeks 😉
    Tomorrow is a skinny day and weigh in on Tuesday morning xxx

Nice pops! Congrats! Let’s hope for another 2lb this week, fingers crossed 🙂

Oh dear, 2lbs on :/
    Ah well, it’s a result of a happy Christmas 😉

Hey Pops I also have about 34 lbs to lose. Welcome to the club. You will love it. Don’t worry about the 2 lbs. I gained 4 over christmas. Whoops!

picking up again tomorrow after the christmas break, back to work today so back in the swing of things – but it was a catered lunch and son2’s birthday (coffee and walnut cake!) so not starting today 😉

Skinny day! Love it. I’m going with skinny day too. Yet to make it through one…. although I did only start yesterday. Well done! Your progress looks great pops,something to look forward to.

Good luck in FD in 2014, pops, storitelr (love that handle) and d3lishxrose (don’t worry, you’ll make it through)

Aud xxx

Ah Monday, dinner tastes so good!
    Feels a little like a detox 🙂

Detox, heck, yes, pops!

Back on the wagon and 14:3 this morning, not too bad 😉

Righto slight change of tack – this week I’m doing 5pm meal til 5pm meal twice a week giving me a 24 hour fast with potentially a yoghurt / banana at about 12 (19hours)

Also not on the scale so often, once a month maybe 🙂

We’ll see 😉

Hi pops,

Just dropping by to say his and hope your change of tack is going well for you,

Aud x

hi folks..1st time newbie…got 1st8lbs to lose..tried everything else…haven,t managed to get my cals right down on the fast days…addicted to my toast in the morning…tom am going to try poached eggs and tomato…am giving myself 14 weeks to get it all off….just reached 60 and suddenly look it !!!…hungry.x.

Hi hungry,
    Just bear in mind that the average weight loss is 1 lb a week..however, you will look slimmer as the fat starts to melt away.This is a way of life rather than a quick fix and it takes time to alter eating habits…so that you stay slim.

Try missing breakfast altogether on a fast day. I never thought that it was possible for me(always have muesli and yoghurt) but in order to optimize the fasting window, I eat a meal the evening before and then nothing until lunchtime. Some folk don’t eat until the evening of the fast day and have all of their calories then.It is trial and error working out what works best for you.

If you want to speed things up, then move the body more to build muscle which will burn more calories. Can I suggest that you get the tape measure out and log your vital statistics because when there are weeks that the scales seem to be broken..you can see that you are still shrinking.Finally, this a marathon and not a sprint, the weight didn’t slid on over night and it will take time for it to slid off again.The key to keeping it off, is the change in your relationship with food…which is why this way of life works so well for many of us.

thanks for your reply annette…thats a good point about how long it took to put it all on..i am so determined to lose it in the long run that it may take a little longer to lose than i first thought..what worries me is keeping it off…although i do find calculating the cals and planning the meals for the day quite interesting…this sounds a bit sad!! i started today with one poached egg.tomato,mushroom[spray fried]and my weakness a half a piece of toast….less cals than just toast..amazing…..lunch was big salad on small plate with balsamic vinegar and half tin tuna in water..delish!..tea is 2 ladles home made veg soup,glass of wine..and enough cals for a ginger biscuit cut into 1/4 throughout the day….how pathetic is that….am giving mindful eating a go as well…as you suggested am off to get the tape measure now …cheers annette for the tips. :}

I just don’t want you to set yourself targets that you may not achieve within the time frame, then be miserable and feel a failure.Mindful eating is a good thing and something that I am aware of after a fast day particularly.It is also they way forward to be more aware of just how much food you do need in a day.

I also believe that you should eat your most favourite low calorie food on a fast day.I am a huge fan of a fillet of a salmon sprinkled with some salmon flakes, wrapped in a foil parcel. Delicious with a salad and homemade dressing.

Try on your clothes, when you weigh and measure(once a week for all 3 and at the same time). I have found that when the tape and scales don’t move, you can see where you are shrinking by trying on your clothes and seeing how they fit and hang.

Your not pathetic but pro-active. There are no rights or wrongs in finding what works for you, we all have different lives. There is a wealth of information and guidance on this forum, the tricky part is working out what you want to try!

Thanks aud 🙂
    Just catching up on my thread since I fell off the wagon! ,)

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 118 total)

You must be logged in to reply.