I will show them!!

This topic contains 201 replies, has 34 voices, and was last updated by  bigmarie 8 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 101 through 150 (of 202 total)

• I am trying for a no food day today, I only had 350 calories yesterday and found I wasn’t hungry at all so maybe I can manage a food free day? We shall see.

jennyh how do you make your porridge? can you do it in the microwave? I use the Oats so Simple golden syrup flavour, yummy but lots of calories, I would like to try a lower calorie alternative.

I make my porridge inthe microwave. Put half mug of oats and 1 mug cold water in a bowl or jug and microwave on high for 4 mins. I empty it into my cerealbowl and sprinkle good quality cinnamon on top and add blueberries. I don’t add milk but you might like to.
    My clothes are beginning to feel a bit looser and am well pleased. I’ll fast again tomorrow and plan to make a stirfry for dinner with cauliflour rice. I bought some tasty low cal snacks for myself for emergencies…..milk chocolate covered rice cakes @69 cals and 72% chocolate. 1 square with a nespresso is my treat.
    Buy a big bag of porridge …500g and have it every day. One bbowlis 172cals and will keep me going all day.

Well it’s fast day 8.. 4weeks down. No hunger all day which is good. Home now & after a weight watchers lasagne and small salad. Need to keep motivated, so I scroll Through all the posts. No cals left so rooibus tea til bed time!

Hi all fasters tomorrow is first fast day of feb..so i achieved 8 fast days in Jan..
    I tried on a skirt i bought in H&M 2 years ago and when i brought it home it was a size 10 and wouldnt pass over my hips..i didnt return it..So 2 years later ie last night, it fits, it zips, it looks well…YEEHAA! Sorry got carried away..this is my way of doing a weigh in without the scales!!!
    Proper weigh in around the 16th Feb. Keep going fasters we can show them!!

Im happy for you bigmarie. It can be so empowering to find a way of doing this.

Brilliant bigmarie!!! you are going to have to change your username!

That’s truly inspiring Bigmarie so Well Done! I can nearly into the trousers I bought ….plan to fit into them in 2 weeks for a family event. They’ll all be there and I’d love to show them!! It’s very frosty here still but was out planting more snowdrops+hellebores in my garden and looking forward to having more energy for it over the next few weeks. Hope everyone doing well and taking motivation from Bigmarie’s success

Bigmarie that is fantastic news, well done you! 🙂

I fasted Mon Wed and Fri this week and it was tough going, not sure I can repeat 3 fasts within 5 days again so soon, lost 3lbs this week though so that makes 8lbs in 3 weeks 🙂

Fasting Tues and Fri thus week, will see if I can also get into a couple of my skirts soon 🙂

Shaza

Hi guys, looking for some advice: I did really well with 3 fast days last week and going to do fast days Tues and Fri this week, do you think it is okay to eat 2000 cals today? Think I’m having a growth spurt, including dinner tonight I will have consumed 1671 but I really really would like a small chocy bar but on the other hand if I have it I’ll feel really guilty, don’t want to undo all my hard work!

Shazaslimby – If you really want that chocolate bar, have it! The whole point of this way of eating is that it supposed to be a lifestyle change, not a quick fix, couple of months of eating healthy then back to normal kind of diet!

You’re going to feel like having something ‘naughty’ once in a while, it’s inevitable. If you constantly deny yourself, you’re only going to want it more.

So long as the vast majority of your eating days are at or under you TDEE, you can have that extra chocolate bar, or glass of wine, or piece of salted caramel cheesecake (my personal vice).

I’ve only been doing the 5:2 plan for a month, but already my cravings for sweets and cakes has gone right down. But if I want something (cheesecake), I have it and I really enjoy it.
    I just make sure that my other food choices balance it out.
    And if I go over my calorie allowance once in a while, I write it off and be good the next day.

🙂

Of course, on the other hand, you could have a nice hot cup of tea or something when you get the craving, then see how you feel after a while.
    You might realise that you don’t really fancy it after all!

Hi all Fasters 9th fast day nearly complete. I’ve 96 cals leftover after dinner so a hot choc and pink wafer for supper. Thank you for the encouragment folks. Again i dont calorie count on my other days. So i’ll name & Shame..Had a mac donalds double cheese burger meal yesterday for lunch..it had the calories on the burger circa 460 ish?? Toast and peanut butter 3 slices for breakfast along with big bowl of porridge & full fat milk. Then..3 slices of pizza with salad and a low sugar jelly with ww yoghurt on top. Oh & a crunchie & 2 packets of crisps. Now thats not counting..Oh and licqurice all sorts sweets, nearly half a packet..So today i gave my stomach a rest!!Phew!!

Hi Clickbeetle85, I did have the chocolate and to stop my guilt I changed my dinner to a less calorific meal! Like you I’m also losing the amount of cravings for sweet things, today I don’t feel in such control because I have picked up yet another cold, had one the whole of December so feeling fed up and sorry for myself that I have got it back again, the only cure for it is chocolate, it’s my weakness. I’ll be back on track tomorrow, fast day!

Bigmarie, you had my tastebuds in overdrive there with all the talk of cheeseburgers pizzas and chocolate 🙂

I’m beginning to enjoy my fast days and feel in control of my body instead of my tummy being in control of me!

Hey Shaza, I am fasting today too, Loving the feeling of being in control. Where have you got that from? chocolate will not cure your cold, lemon tea that’s what you need, with a tiny drizzle of honey. 🙂
    We can do this!
    x

10th fast nearly over thats 5 weeks being on the 5;2 this year..no scales as you know. But feelin in control. As i have used up all my cals, less 44..so ive finished eating for the evening on the rooibus tea.looking forward to porridge for breakfast..

Hi all fasters, well was over eating yesterday, we had visitors & indeed i had cake & cream and way toooo many calories..But on the positive in the past before the 5:2 i would not even be aware that i was eating too much. I know that i didnt need any of that rubbish i ate, so will be going healthier on my non fast days this coming week. Weigh in is 2 weeks so want to show them!!!

That is the way to look at it bigmarie. When I have a couple of celebration chocolates watching tv, I think that’s nothing compared to what I used to get through.
    I am thinking of another no food day this week, I have done that the past 2 weeks and found it easy enough. I really have to shift this fat, I worry about diabetes, it is in our family. Why I have left it till now I will never know. Better late than never I suppose.
    We will show them!

I had a routine visit to the optician two weeks ago +was told thar ny slow growing cataracts had a sudden growth spurt and needed to be removed asap…..I had to have a general anaesthetic as have a morbid fear of hospitals, needles etc. All went well with Eye No 1 but my main worry was my weight and my BMI. They were really reassuring but I was mad with myself for leaving it until now to do something about my weight as well Applepie. Anyway, I rolled my fast day in on Friday and am going to keep with it as I don’t want to end up with something serious wrong with me like heart problems or diabetes. My fast days are Tuesday +Thursday this week.

Hi everyone. Don’t be hard on yourselves , obviously your attitudes to food have now changed as you are all thinking differently amount the amounts of food you are eating, that is what makes the difference, it’s okay having a off or a treat day because you know you won’t let things slide. I did fast days Tues and Fri this week and I’ve lost another 2lbs, it’s great because I don’t feel the need to attack the fridge the next day, and feel my body is now accepting the change to my eating.

Keep up the good work everyone.

Shaza 🙂

Weigh day for me, I can’t wait for yours bigmarie! another 2lbs down. 10lbs since I started. Result!
    Fasting today.
    Good point Shaza about how our attitudes to food have changed, dead right. I look back with horror at some of the rubbish, and the portion sizes, of food I ate. Never again.
    Have a great day!

hi all, applepie,Shaza,jennyh,clickbeetle, NP, all others…11th fast day, and so far so good ….

Hi SAMM, just saw your post thanks, im actually on the 5;2 longer than any other way of eating,,and its become a way of eating with no guilt if i have a treat..Results next week weigh in!!!

Applepie, I’m the same as you, I also lost 2lbs this week so in all I’ve lost 10lbs in 4 weeks! I’m loving the fact that my clothes feel so much looser!

Bigmarie, I also can’t wait to hear how your weigh in goes 🙂

Quick fast day question: today is a fast day but for some reason I’m finding it really really hard today, have just had a bowl of homemade lentil and carrot soup which I allowed 250 cals, but still starving so wondered if I’ve over allocated the cals, some of the tinned soups I have in the cupboard are about 160 cals so maybe that’s why I don’t feel full! For brunch I had a boiled egg with couple slices ham and in afternoon I had low cal yoghurt.

Shaza

Hey,

I did Atkins and lost a ton of weight too. Sure enough, I put it all back on. I really don’t think its sustainable.
    Really hoping this works well for me.

Hi moreaboutmyself, yes did Atkins, 7 day, weight watchers, heart foundation &Cambridge diets!!
    And couldn’t sustain any of them..ending up putting on the weight again + a bit more.
    So this seems to be the best so far… Good luck with 5:2!!

Hi I am hoping to join this thread 🙂 The results are very inspiring!

I have been on 5:2 since the beginning of Jan 2015 and my starting weight was 12 st 6 lbs
    I have so far lost 6 lbs which I am very happy with but I would really like to stay more motivated throughout the month as there were a couple of failed fasts along the way so have been reading and joining threads on the forum.

Yeah you show them! Annoys me when people jump to conclusions and say negative things about something they havent even tried yet!

I am new and have been looking at doing 5:2 for some time now. I have chosen this forum because I am inspired by everybody and also totally agree with the title ‘I will show them’. I plan on starting next week and have purchased the ‘fast kitchen’ meals which are looking good. Hope they taste just as good! I am 30 years old and have had weight issues since a teenager. Looking back I was a perfect slim but curvy size and I would love to get back to that. Since having my daughter nearly three years ago I have tried everything going and to be honest my husband and my family/friends are getting sick of what I’m trying next!! So I am determined to get this right. Will post starting weight and first fast experience next week. Cannot wait!

Is anyone else doing this under the radar so to speak. I’ve chosen fast days when I’m home alone in the evening so I don’t get that knowing look when I tell them I’m embarking on yet another diet (WOL).

I have told some people at work and bless them they are being so good. One of them bought me a biscuit to go with my tea today because he said he knew it was a non fast day.

Welcome cakeywakey,missy2000,coconutbunz,tremenza & all the regulars too.
    I’m on 12 th fast day that’s six weeks into new year & keeping at this. I’m feeling way better in myself.. Logged all my food into fitness pal..under 500.. Weigh in next Monday :-0<>< I will show them!!indeed I will. Great to log on & get motivation from ye all:-)

hi all another fast day here. i really did over eat these last few weeks..so im going to calorie count this week to see how much over im really eating on non fast days!!!weigh in tomorrow after fasting today. I was 10 .7 six weeks ago after losing 9lbs in 8 weeks. I was hoping to get to 10stone by end of jan. ????? Doubtful…Lent begins wednesday so will cut out the sugary stuff.

Good luck bigmarie, can’t wait to see your results

So first fast day completed yesterday and I am so pleased. I weighed in at 12 st 10lbs and would love to get back to the 10st – 11st region. I held it out until lunchtime and had grilled tomatoes and flat mushrooms with an egg. Then mid afternoon I had my first ‘fast kitchen’ meal which was minestrone soup. I was very impressed with that! Finished with a ‘fast kitchen’ chicken curry at 6pm which was full of flavour. I drank 2 litres of water and had one coffee with a dash of milk. Came in at 484 calories all together. Roll on tomorrow when I will be fasting again!

That is brilliant missy2000, well done! onwards and downwards!

Hi all, I’m into my 7 th week & weigh in this morning.. 10 st 5 & 1/4 lbs. so I’m down 2 lbs since 5 th January .. Mmmmm? So that’s slowed way down. I was over doing it though.to be really honest hands up I am guilty!!!!.so this will make me be more attentive to good eating on all days! I don’t need cream cakes, choc bars, crisps and wine every day.. Plus I must get out walking. But still am surprised I lost!!!!

Well done bigmarie! 2lbs down is good, you are heading in the right direction. I don’t know about not needing wine every day, I enjoy a nice glass or 2 with my evening meals most non fast days. This WOL has to be sustainable.

Cheers Applepie. I’m actually very chuffed with that weight loss. Yes that’s the reason I chose this way of eating..so far it’s been very doable for me..I’m more aware of calories than I ever was before & I find the wine helps things move along!!!!(sorry TMI):-)

Dead right bigmarie!

How are you doing Shaza? No weigh in for me this week, broken scales. We will have new scales by next Monday.

We are just going shopping. It’s amazing how much my shopping list has changed in a month. We used to get through 2 loaves of bread a week, a giant bag of crisps most weeks etc. Now it’s spinach, carrots, olives, greek yougurt and bananas (for pancakes)

Any other results from previous, or new, posters?

Intended a full fast yesterday, but spent the whole day searching the loft for misding paperwork, I felt realy light headed, not much in to eat, my m&s meals were frozen, so hubby made me mince pie and chips – but he measured the portions, including 100 grams of chips, all in with a cup of sweetened tea, 404 calories, and boy did it taste good.

Into my seventh week, a stone lighter than when I started.

Counting calories works for me, but I hope for the short term only. We’ll see how it goes.

Fingers and toes crossed that son passes driving test, he is taking it in 20 minutes – a bottle of champage has just been put in the fridge, so frankly hoping to ignore my TDEE today!!!!!

Hi guys, sorry been quiet, still going strong, watching what I’m eating on non fast days, weighing all my food, really interesting to see where all the cals come from! Weighed in last Saturday morning as usual and surprisingly lost another 2lbs so well chuffed, that’s me down 12lbs in 5 weeks, yay!

Bigmarie, well done on your weight loss, we are all heading in the right direction.

Into week 6 now and have even had a couple of glasses of wine.

Hope everyone else is doing well and welcome to the newbys 🙂

Shaza 🙂

Hi all fasters, I didn’t fast today , decided I’d take a day off this week, I didn’t do too bad with food choices & & had a vino, will get back on track on Monday . Will be making better choices on non fast days starting next week. Hope all well. :-)))

Weighed in today on our new scales and 2 more pounds are history! That’s 12lbs in total since 5/1/15.
    I am finding that I need to do 4:3 to achieve any loss, with one of my fast days being liquid only. It’s easy though, so doable.
    Fasting today, tomorrow and probably Thursday, bring it on!
    How is everyone else doing?

Hi all, finding all your posts the inspiration I need to get started! After having my gallbladder out 18 months ago my weight has crept up from 10st to 11′ 4!! So now nothing fits! So my first fast day is going to be tomorrow and looking forward to getting started. Am determined to get back down asap so also purchased a treadmill at the weekend as although I walk most days (I have a pedometer and try to get as close to the 10,000 steps each day as poss) I feel I need to step this up and include a bit more cardio 🙂 Will keep you posted……

Welcome Emma2608′, once you get a few fast days under your belt, you will find this gets easier. I don’t weigh in very often I judge by the clothes and how they fit,hoping to get to 10 stone for wedding on 14 th march. 5 lbs to go:-(). I was 11st 3 lbs when I started back in November so I know that feeling of nothing fitting properly. Keep going you will show them!,

Hello all fasters, 2nd fast this week- well under way. Had bagel and slice of ham for lunch,with a very bitter satsuma. I felt very hungry after, even weak… but stayed strong . Dinner was a ready made meal from lidl..so slightly over the 500, but i am still counting it as a fast day..loads of black tea til bed.A few more comments this week re my weight loss..i have more choice in my wardrobe as all my clothes fit me better!!Hope all doing well on here!!

It’s my 3rd week and 6 fasts done with determined resolve. Then all of a sudden today went downhill. Was away with work so staying in hotel with inevitable lunch provided and then felt I needed crisps and chocolate on the long drive home. How does that happen when we’ve been so disciplined.

Anyway was just going to write today off but thought I’d check the calories and surprisingly I’m within TDEE of 1700 – just. I have been keeping my non fast days at about 1200 so even though I’ve eaten extra today I probably had some calories in reserve and according to MFP by daily average over the last week is 969.

So all is not lost. Glad I resisted the cooked breakfast – I just had fruit and low fat yoghurt so not completely bad food choices.

Hi guys, finding the 5:2 a bit hard going just now, I fast okay but non fast days are taking over my mind, I weigh everything and want to keep to 1500 cals so not undoing the good on fast days. I used to think I was feeling empowered but the honeymoon period seems to be over. Hasn’t helped that my new scales have me about 2lbs heavier although the overall weight loss amount should still be the same. 🙁

That is another 3 fasts completed. 2 x 350 cals and 1 x liquids only. I have been promising hubby that we will have kebab and chips and I think it will be tomorrow, bring it on!!

I love that in this WOL we don’t have to deny ourselves anything, just not as much or as often as previously.

Hey Shaza, what about adding another fast day and let non fast days take care of themselves? Lots of yummy homemade soups, that works for us.

I am really looking forward to breakfast, full fat Greek yogurt with chopped banana and prunes hmmmm!

Good luck everyone x

Hi all fast day tomorrow ..had a bad bad Saturday.. Couldn’t stop eating…a lot of choc consumed & so close to my big event..glad I can go on fast tomorrow . Phew, got that off my chest!! Is this lapse normal folks??

We all have bad days, the kebab and chips wasn’t worth it by the way, never again! Having said that I still lost 3lbs this week! My 3 fast days per week are working their magic.

Viewing 50 posts - 101 through 150 (of 202 total)

You must be logged in to reply.