I will show them!!

This topic contains 201 replies, has 34 voices, and was last updated by  bigmarie 8 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 202 total)

• Hi All. I started this after a lot of thought. I did the Atkins lost and gained more back.Was on that Forum too. So here goes. I need to lose a stone. The Naysayers are telling me not to bother with this rubbish and to keep walking?? I was running 3 times a week, this time last year..NO WEIGHT LOSS…So here goes Fast Diet…

Good for you…you show them. I have found that it’s very hard to lose weight with just exercise alone. The thing I love about 5:2 is that it really changes you…you think differently about food and you enjoy the fasting once you get in to it as when you feel hungry you know your body is fat burning…a lot of eating is just habit as we are so used to feeling full that we have lost touch with our bodies and what real hunger feels like…and the best part is that you know you can eat again the next day! Go for it and dont let the negatives stop you:)

Welcome bigmarie…..this is a get way of life, I have only been doing it for 3.weeks but I am totally hooked and would never go back to any other restrictive diets, I have tried and failed at most of them and was sick of thinking about what I could and couldn’t eat, I was actually gaining weight while I was trying to get my head around which plan I should try, this feels like freedom at last. I have a stone and half to lose, but I really don’t care how long it takes, I want this weight loss to be forever. My clothes are loose, my first weigh in will be end of November so not sure what the weight loss is, but it is really working! Good luck.

Join us on JoJo’s 2lb a week thread.

I still have 41lbs to go of 100. So I’ll be around. Hope to hear from you.

hi sam will do. good luck. My fast day is tomorrow..ie 3rd one..

Thank you blacksharp1..im heading into week 2..so hope to see some changes..will keep in touch!!

Thank you Monaro64.. Starting day 3 of fast tomorrow..Will be back with updates..I think this could be the way to go..i am more aware of what im eating since i started last monday..this site does keep up my motivation>>

well im on my 4th fast and it was easy. Sparkling water in the evening is helping. Ive defo lost inches. I aways log in on my fast days to keep motivated!!

Hi bigmarie, well done on your continuing fasts, it’s great when you feel things getting looser! I’m on my seventh fast today and it’s almost done!! I’m certainly feeling thinner but not weighed yet, I’m a bit scared of stepping on the scales!

bigmarie, I gained weight on low carb too. Sounds like you’re doing great!

Bigmarie..a little update..I starting reading Michaels fast exercise today and he totally agreed that its difficult to lose weight with exercise alone..he gave one example of a female having to run 6 miles to burn off one chocolate muffin…imagine that…I am keen to read more about his High Intensity Training as he states that the combo of that and 5:2 ultimately gives you the best results. Just reading at the mo but would like to give some exercise a go!

Well im on my 6th fast day, 3 weeks down and i definitely have lost inches.. a few people have noticed ..Im keeping my calorie count on myfitness pal..really good tracker. Again im on the forum to keep motivated on my fast days. Doing loads of ironing this evening to keep busy..Have read the book..this way of eating and fasting makes sense..& its way more sustainable so far than low carb!!!

I think of the exercise this way.

if weight lift 3400 caloies of energy, but you eat 6800 calories more than bmr . Youll gain 1 lb

After I got used to the fast days and have become a regular faster. I started putting more attention on my feed days for exercise when I have more energy . But also started eating healthy foods on feed days and the starchy foods sparingly. . Especially more fish .

KEEP ON KEEPIN ON 🙂

Hi all, Im on the final leg of my 7th fast day into week 4. Not too much trouble today.
    Im havin a 1/2 vegetable stock cube with hot water. Felt a bit bloated earlier but i feel less after this salty drink.I keep an eye on here for motivation on these fast days..reading success stories helps.

Hi all, im on my 8th fast day today. So far so good found it way easier..was busy which really helped. clothes fitting better. and yet again i log in to keep motivated on my fast days. 4 weeks in and i will try and weigh in some where this weekend..

Day 9 week 5. Today was way easier. and even though i stuck to 500 i felt i had eaten too much and had to recheck my cals. But I had stuck to 500 cals!! Comments about my skin from a few people???

Hi bigmarie .. sounds like you’re doing great! Have a great day 🙂 x

Hi All on my 10th Day. So Far its grand . Felt no hunger all day. Beans on Toast for dinner.. Cuppa tea. So This defo gets easier!!! Lunch was a cuppa soup-40cals+ WW yogurt-53cal.Toast- 120Cals+10cal for spread +beans-82cals.
    Thats a total so far of 223cals if im correct.So i can have a snack later and a hot chocolate. Yee haa not too bad at all.

Think that’s 305 cals altogether. Still plenty for a snack. But watch you don’t go over

Hi Supermam-264, yes did a recount on myfitnesspal and am stayin under, thanks for the recheck!! Christmas time now is a real test- boxes of roses and celebrations appearing at work & the mince pies..SOOOO have to be strong on the fast days!!!

Hi All Fasters, im now on my 11th fast day..week 6. It was easy i had my soup at lunch and my dinner @ 6,,a 294 cal ready meal by LowLow with a bit of salad, I’ll have a hot choc/mint and a rice cake around 8.30. No headaches and no hunger at all??? I feel good when i have control of what i eat..will keep this up til Christmas..I’ll show them!!

Hi Fasters..day 12…week 6…all well feelin in control!! Inches lost..

Hi all, this is my 13th fast day..week 7. I did find it cold today. I ate before 7 last night..so this has been a long fast. No real hunger..kept busy and kept away from the christmas treats at work.I can really feel my waist shrinking..Still have not weighed..I will next week when i get access to scales!!Hope all well.

Cindy, this is not the place for this.

Hey bigmarie, I have joined today, reading your posts you are doing so well. I hope I can have your staying power… My resolve tends to be weak. A stone to lose, it has gradually crept on and at 5’3″ it shows. Have you weighed yet?

Hi Pippa, welcome..Yes my weight crept up on me too. So had to take action. I have not weighed but will next week and i will post the results. I would love to lose a stone by end of jan. I feel my waist area is reducing, my tape says 4 inches. I still get a bit of bloat after carbs..but i feel less hungry on most days..Keep going -this works!!

Hi Bigmarie
    Reading your post and you are coming across as a stealth and steady woman who will show them! I did fast diet during the summer and lost 9lbs and really felt it, however once winter has crept in I have struggled and stress has led me to feed the greed! I am keen to get back on track, I am so impressed that you haven’t weighed yourself and wonder how you keep the motivation going? I seemed to need the feedback of weight loss. But I understand that it’s also good to not have the potential knock back of having not lost. Cheers and good luck cant wait for the weigh in.

Thanks Bigmarie for replying, feeling despondent – tried to fast yesterday and got to 8pm via cups of tea, then my daughter started eating some Pringles…and guess what I did, I ate about thirty, telling myself that they are thin so can’t be very fattening! Ridiculous. My husband thinks the whole thing is ridiculous, which is no help. He tells me to run more, well I try and run a few times a week, nothing spectacular but I have a go, and it does nothing for my weight loss and I definitely reward myself afterwards with food/wine. I think my problem is that I don’t need to lose a huge amount, and I have lost weight in the past without really doing much more than cutting down. Now i am older, everything is slower, and I am concentrating on losing weight more which has a bizarre counter-productive effect on me and makes me reach for the crisps/wine. I con myself that I eat well because I rarely have potatoes, rice, pasta, never eat chocolate, but I am clearly doing something wrong. Just cannot see how I can change my mindset, because I KNOW it is in my head, all this lack of willpower. So hard over Christmas, too.

Hi inthejeans NP, pippa and all fasters!! im on fast day 14, thats 7 weeks down and i cannot believe how easy a fast day has become. I am finding that if i eat too much on a feast day i dont feel too good. I had a centra ready made salad at 3pm 230 cals. For dinner if i can hold out til 7pm, i will have beans on toast..all totaling 490..so no hot choc tonight!!I will cut back next week on two days but may not keep to 500 as i am travelling to family for christmas and wont be in control@ meal times. Cant offend family and inlaws if they are cooking..My OH said the other day”Hey you look skinny, you were always pudgy- how did you do that?” Doh! I defo will show them.

Hi ladies
    Fast day today. Plan is..
    Cup of tea and hot water for breakfast.
    Then off to fiddle lessons with the kids and lots of non secret pressie wrapping and tidying.
    Then for lunch. Tangerine and 40 cal soup.
    Tea..salmon which I picked up in lidl.. the fancy stuff with the cracked black pepper, maybe a hard boiled egg and salad. If I have the cals..a few olives!

I have 4 young kids in the house, so temptation is never far away but I have to use the flash back memory of how colossal I looked at my brothers wedding!. I do also find that a fast day gives me a sense of accomplishment and makes me feel good that im trying as oppose to just lying down to the five stones which have arrived in the past 10 years..how did that happen!?
    Good luck everyone over the next week.
    Jeany x

Hi Bigmarie. I joined this forum recently and survived a couple of fast days but then really struggled due to Xmas dos! I am back on it now as I have a ball to go to in February and I want a lovely new dress for it in a smaller size!! Have not got much to lose – ideally 10 pounds, although I am happy to lose inches rather than pounds!! Just wondering if you have weighed yourself yet although I realise inch loss is just as important! Well done for coming this far and inspiring lots of others on this site! You will definitely show them! 🙂

Hi all, im fitting in a fast day today- have 240 cals eaten already and its only 2.50..but stepped on scales and im (Drum Roll) down from 11 stone 3lbs to 10 stone 6 lbs.. Am i happy yes and its keeping me motivated to stick to my fast..So im well on my goal to 10stone by end of Jan. Happy Christmas feasting everybody!!!

Well done Bigmarie – that is brilliant! I know you have kindly shared the type of food you eat on a fast day but what is your typical non fast day like? Just wondering as I think I tend to overindulge on these at the moment!

Anyway merry Xmas to you and others on this forum!

Well done bigmarie!thats absolutely amazing and you are not far at all from your target. Its absolutely testament to your resolve!
    I have had 2 days of lack of resolve but have drawn a line in the sand. The overeating and the laziness incurred does not do wonders for the self esteem!. Although have had a little pick at leftovers this morning..protien am aiming for soup lunch and soup tea to ease me back in. So will count today as a non fast day, but need the fix of a little more control. Out tomo evening but very busy sunday so that will be my fist back to normal fast since the festivities and really looking forward to it!
    Would also love to know big marie what you do on normal days as I also feel I am a bit too indulgent occasionally. Xx

Pippa..
    Just reading your post. Hope youre okay. I have just visually drawn the line and am stepping over it back into where I want to be going. I kind of looked at Christmas as a bit of a reminder of how I feel when I over indulge. Its instantly gratifying but makes me feel crappy once ive scoffed and lazed about. If I have learned one thing its that I am the only one who can do anything about what I put into my big belly..sorry bellies!!! So if you have had a wobble. Shake off that wobble and aim for the wiggle you want! Xx

Hi np,pippa, inthejeans, 4thelasttime & everyone else too! I got through Christmas Day and didn’t go mad like I usually do as in non stop grazing!! Had the few vinos ok, I had managed a fast day on Wednesday , which I felt good about, drinking loads of water too,
    I eat normally on non fast days.. I find I eat well –well so normally that my OH doesn’t know I’m on a new way of eating. I have access to scales but am not obsessing with them!!! It’s good to get on the frum and see how everybody got on!!!we’ll show them!!

Hi all quick thought!!!They must have some addictive ingredient in Pringles !! Needed salt, craved it after the vino yesterday:-(..

Hi all, I’ve lost 18 pounds so far on this great way of eating. I’d like to lose another stone and a half. Great to meet you all x

Hi all I’m ready for my fast day tomorrow ! 2lbs worth of damage over the few days since last Wednesday so need to get back on track! Snowballs those little cake things..so nice!! I hate having scales in the house! Anyhow hello all Monday fasters..time to get back on the road to our goal!!

Hi all fast day is closing in. 489 cals consumed,consumed,

Hi all .new year greetings, I’m glad to be getting away from bathroom scales !! Back to work Monday and so back to 2 days a week fasting. I did one a week for last two weeks. I gained approx 3 lbs over the holiday. Not too bad. Was walking too. I feel that I’ve still lost inches??? Which is rather strange. Hope ye all r doing well.

Happy New Year to you all! Am also going to get back on track tomorrow. Looking forward to it in a strange sort of way! Had far too much food over the Xmas period and as a result seem to be constantly hungry. Need to get back in touch with what real hunger feels like. I have 7 weeks until a ball and would like to lose around 5-7 pounds by then or at least a few inches! Good luck every body. Keep in touch!

bigmarie – if you believe in it and in yourself, you will do it. I’ll be joining all the others here cheering you on from the sidelines regardless of how many naysayers you have surrounding you physically right now.

I’m totally new to the group and I need a buddy or two who will text with me through this journey. I’m so disgusted with how much weight I gained back after doing this successfully in the past. I’m female so would prefer texting with other females.

stong-lady-here:
    It looks like you can have as many buddies here as you want / need. I don’t know how often I’ll check in over time, but feel free to count me in your support team.

Keep strong everyone – if you really want it, you will do it.

Ok so nearly there for first fast day after xmas hols!

Strong-lady-here. : you will get lots of support on this forum as kirsten70 says!

Good luck everyone!

Hi Kirsten70, strong-lady-here, 4theladttime,np, loutopia, inthejeans & pippa42′ sorry if I left anyone out, yes I’ve nearly completed my first fast day of 2015. Found a steam-meal in aldi called simply bistro -304 cals handy had it with salad and now on a diet coke. Cuppa soup- knorr-55cal for lunch. I’ve put all on fitness pal. I’ve 80 cals left.. so I glad to check in here and stay motivated!!

Very cool! I had breakfast at 10 am (black coffer and grape fruit) and I will continue to start later as time.goes by.

Today was fasting day for me too. It was harder than usual (only just starting on this new lifestyle of regular fasting, but have done many single day fasts in the past). I think it could have had something to do with a very disturbed and short night (coughing nearly 2 hours and needing over an hour to warm up when I went to bed) and getting over a cold which hit pretty hard. Been feeling cold and tired most of the day (temperatures over here are above 0 and the heating was on) too.

I did do my mini-workout which I started just before New Year and want to do at least 6 days out of 7 – literally just 10 minutes of very low impact slow muscle development – but had to skip for 3 days while feverish and really low. I also got myself out for a walk to the post office, a bit less than a mile (1.4km) return trip; and did some cleaning.

What did I have today?
    Coffee with a little cloud of milk, turmeric, cinnamon and cardamom at about 8:30. A big bowl of lettuce with raddichio (sp?), a purple carrot, a mini red pepper, half a small onion and 6 slices of wafer-thin turkey ham tossed in a dressing made of tomato concentrate, mustard, apple cider vinegar, lime juice, salt, pepper, oregano, basil, parsley and water at about 1:15. Then a soup made from chicken broth, broccoli, carrot, onion and 2 small pieces of chicken which had been tossed in a BBQ spice mix, garlic and olive oil and sautéed (had that for dinner last night with a smaller portion tonight). In between about 1.5 liters of water and a cup of spiced roiboos tea.
    All in all about 460-480 calories, maybe a bit less.

Looking forward to bed tonight and to my normal coffee with frothed milk when I get up in the morning. I’m also looking forward to Thursday, second fasting day of the week.

Take care everyone and sleep tight!

Hi all, slept very well after fast day. Rooibus tea helps too! Ate fairly well today had a few treats too. More energy i find after the fast day. This forum helps a lot. Stay strong this works!!

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 202 total)

You must be logged in to reply.