Hot flushes stopped!

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Laure 9 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Hi

I have been on the 5:2 plan since a couple of week before Christmas.
    I have lost about 6lbs so far (want to get down to 9st) and have noticed that my hot flushes appear to have stopped. I was getting them a few times a day (I’m 46) and just wondered whether this is a coincidence or positive side effect from the diet?

Has anyone else experienced the same?

I have recently started the 5:2 and have found that the flushes – which had been causing me some SERIOUS torment – have improved. While my sleep is still somewhat broken, the pattern of waking every 1.5 hours has changed, with my waking spells far fewer. I am also feeling just sooooooooo much better generally!

You are both lucky, after 10 years without flushes, my night time ones are back (I am 64 years old) . The fat cells keep them at bay now I have lost 2 stone my body has to balance out again!

Still it’s better to be slimmer again.

I’m 64 and have been bedevilled with hot flushes for 14 years. I started the fast diet 6 months ago and lost a couple of stone and my hot flushes! I just realised I can’t remember when I had the last one.
    I hope it’s for real, fingers crossed.

ok I am not of the same sex; but in a book i read there is also the andropause- and i reckon my hot flushes-sweats- are related to food-especially complex carbohydrates- under 5:2 when i fast the toxins all go out of my body -but i wish it was easy for me to lose 2 stone!
    absence always means you forget it was happening to you!

Do hot flushes go through periods of being on/being off anyway? My hot flushes started up earlier in the year, went on for a couple of months and then stopped again. I am 50 and as far as I know, perimenopausal although for the past 2 year I had a progesterone IUS fitted,which makes it harder to tell whether I’m fully menopausal yet as my periods have largely stopped due to that. I noticed the flushes stopped a while before I began 5:2, so in my case they have nothing to do with fasting, and I can’t think of any dietary or other change I did that would have caused this. Prior to this I had assumed that once they started, they continued for years. I’m guessing they will come back again but I have no idea when.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply.