Yet another Newbie

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  simcoeluv 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Good morning! Started yesterday with my very first fast day. I didn’t think I could do it beforehand but my goodness! It wasn’t difficult, I came through it and the world didn’t even come to an end.

About me – I hit the big 60 earlier this year, heavier than I’ve ever been in my life. 6 years ago I retired from work and lost my husband within a space of 3 months, and I think I’ve been in a downward spiral since then, fuelled by self pity and boredom. I’ve been sitting on the settee watching tv and snacking and not much else. I would argue strongly I could no longer control or reduce my food intake; if you take away my food, then I have nothing left.
    Then I watched the Horizon program on YouTube, downloaded the book, and read everything I could. The aspect that appealed to me was you didn’t have to turn your back on your favourite foods for all eternity – they would be there for you tomorrow.

So yesterday I cooked a chicken. Ate one chicken salad using about 50g – that really was all I needed- lunch was prawn salad- I pigged out there, 83g prawns, and the third meal was salad salad. I snacked on thin slices of cooked chicken in between. I don’t have a sweet tooth but for variety I twice stuck my hand in a bag of granola.
    Not sure how this stacks up in terms of GI or GL but it got me through Day1 and I do believe I can do this!
    Namaste.

Hi Mies and welcome:

Here is some more information for you: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Good Luck!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.