When to start, this week or next?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  tickatape 10 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Hello All

My query is this, do I have to start at the beginning of the week, a Monday, if my fast days are going to be Monday and Thursday? If I start today (Tuesday) I will only have one fast day this week being Thursday, does this matter?

Thank you.

Can’t you fast today and Thursday or Friday? Or Wednesday & Friday just to get your first week going. It doesn’t really matter it’s quite flexible. Good luck

It does not matter. I started 1st August, which was Thursday, and had only one fast day during the calendar week. After that, I have had 2 fast days per calendar week, I plan the next week on Sunday evenings.

What is import is the ratio; 5 non-fast days : 2 fast days.

What comes to changing lifestyle, usually it is better to change it earlier than later 😀

I agree with with the two previous responders – doesn’t matter which 2 days you pick. I’m planning to look at my diary each weekend to see which 2 days of the following week would suit. Just don’t want to do 2 days in a row unless I have to. This is week one for me and am doing Monday & Thursday this week.
    Wish you luck and hope you get stuck in right away. If you didn’t start today, tomorrow beckons and you could do your second day Friday or Saturday. Weekends may suit some.

Thanks for your replies but I thought you had to fast the same days every week?

Take care.

No it’s any 2 non consecutive days during the week

Thank you, that makes it easier! Any tips for surviving the fast?

I’ve only done 3 fasts and I have found it quite easy! I eat twice a day – breakfast @ 7:30 of porridge & blueberries (yum) drink plenty of water and fruit teas during the day. Then I eat my evening meal at 7:30pm. Last night I had salmon, grilled mushrooms with a rocket & watercress salad. With a nectarine for afterwards. I choose things I really enjoy to eat.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply.