Weight not moving

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  annette52 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• I started the diet and lost 14 kilos, but in the last 2 months I have not lost a single kilo. Perhaps I can get some ideas how to move it.

Welcome
    Congrats on 14 kilos that is heaps, well done.

Would their be a reason your body would want to hold the weight? Abuse, fear of losing a job and no money. Stress, liver playing up, hormones working ok?, menopause, ( I’m assuming you are female)
    Leptin not working, cheating on your fast days, try meditation, the pill, …all of the above.

When did you start gaining weight ( in the past) and what was happening at the time. That might give you a clue?

janitart – have you rechecked your TDEE against your new weight? 14 kilos is a lot to lose, it may be that your maximum calorie intake for non-fastdays has moved so much that you need to pay more attention on your ‘off’ days?

If not then have a hunt around the older ‘Plateau’ threads – there’s lots of good info/ ideas to try in those.

Hi Dumpling, yes, I am a female. Before I tried the Fast Diet, I stayed the same weight for 5 years, nothing worked and I was happy when this did. I am over menopause, don’t take the pill. I meditate once a week and don’t know what Leptin is. I have even tried to fast from one lunchtime to another. I keep a record of what I eat, so I don’t eat more than my 500 calories. My husband says I should be happy with losing what I have done, but I am coming up to a BIG milestone birthday and want to get down further as I don’t want any illnesses. I am lucky as I am fit ( gym 3 times a week), and have not been ill for 20 years.

Sorry, what is TDEE? I agree, I am a bit slack on non-fast days and it has been a very, very social Christmas.

It’s your recommended daily calorie intake for your weight/height/age etc. There’s a calculater for your individual TDEE at the top of every page on this site (under the ‘How?’ tab).

The standardised 2000 calories on non-fastdays & 500 calories on fastdays will work for many people up to a point but at some point you will lose so much weight that you just grind to a stop if you don’t work out your individual numbers. The TDEE is what you should be eating on a non-fastday (you still don’t have to rigidly calorie count, as long as you know your roughly at or under that number) and a quarter of the TDEE is what you should be eating on your fastdays.

Thank you. I may be overstepping the required calories, so will work it out.

It is really easy to eat calories dense food…and not realize just how high they are.My favourite, Almond Croissant-600 calories!!!!!!!!!

I get fed at work, where I have a choice of hot and cold food to choose from. I have learned which are the better choices to make by checking out their approx calories and choosing the figure with the most, to help in my calculations.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply.