Under active thyroid

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  mackertwink 10 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Just wondered if anyone with under active thyroid has tried this really struggling with my weight looking for a diet that helps me.

yes, i have an underactive thyroid, there are lots of threads on here about it. I have struggled so much with my weight, and also have an absolute love of food, so the combination is not good !!

However, both my boss and a good girlfriend convinced me to do the 5:2 and i can’t thank them enough. 8 weeks in and 12lbs down. 3″ off my waist, and 2″ off my hips. I am feeling more energetic too.

Some people on the thyroid threads have said they have even had to decrease their medication as the diet has had that much effect on their health. I am going to see an endocrynologist on Monday so we will see what he has to say.

Mackertwink, I cannot recommend the 5:2 enough, particularly for those of us with the extra struggle of lazy thyroids ! Good luck and keep us posted.

Thank you so much for reply 🙂 I just found the thyroid thread does give me hope reading the positive responses. Slowly but surely with this condition seems the way forward!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.