totatly fed up now.gutted.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Nika 10 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• This is my second week on 5.2,did really well last week and lost 6LB was so happy,very short lived tho,I have completely gone off the rails today,yesterday it was my birthday and i had a small treat,bad mistake,I have not stopped eating today,at this rate i will put on the 6lb i lost last week.I am gutted and disgusted with myself that i have allowed this to happen when I was so positive last week.I have to start all over now i am so disopointed.

Do not despair! If I was in your shoes I would not weigh myself the next couple of days, but get on back on the wagon and just restart with your 5:2.

I am at the moment reading Michael’s book and to my utter amazement he clearly states that on my non-fast days I can even have a piece of cake! You can have treats! Just try and stay within your calorie limit, whenever you can.

You might have gone not too much over your calorie limit and you might have not gained weight. Nevertheless perhaps you Leave the scale alone for a couple of days.

On my non-fast days I regularly have a big bowl of ice cream and I have still lost four kgs in four weeks.

Good luck with it and let us know how you get on.
    Stef.

One thing that I’ve learnt over the years is ‘be kind to yourself’. I know it’s gutting when this type of thing happens, but allow yourself to be human and don’t be angry with what you’ve done. I remember writing a note to myself about being disgusted with how big I’d got and how unfit I was, it was okay for the time but now I’ve learnt to simply forgive and move on, I find it put me in a more positive place where I bounce back far quicker and simply feel more positive to eat right and look after myself – and it’s okay to have the odd blip.

Hi ladybird

Please do not beat yourself up about this, I think most of us have done something similar and it was your birthday! Well done for doing the fasts and well done on your 6 lb loss. I bet you have not put it all back on as a result of one day madness.

If we all had perfect willpower we would not have to be on a diet in the first place.

You have the willpower to do your fast days, keep on with those and you will find you get more in control on the feed days too.

Hi Guys.Thank you for your positive feed back.I will start again,i will not give up with this,as nicotin said,just a blip.il keep you informed and thanks again,x

Oh my gosh Ladybird you didn’t celebrate your birthday! You naughty thing!
    Just joking – life is for living. You proved you could do this and had a brilliant start so don’t beat yourself up.
    Forget past sins and concentrate on the future. If you don’t lose 6lb this week don’t fret. Some of us have never lost that much in one week (well I did once but I had to have a perforated appendix and surgery – not doing that again. But I was slimmer of the week at WW 🙂 )I am sure your excess weight crept upon you quietly and over a long time so give yourself time to get rid of it.
    Get back in the Zone and as Nicotin says be kind to yourself.

Hi ladybird53
    Happy birthday!
    this is one plan where you are allowed to have your cake and eat it, i hope you enjoyed your day, xx

Hi ladybird53, firstly, many happy returns for yesterday!

And it was your BIRTHDAY! Many would agree when I say you’re allowed on your birthday, after all, it’s just one day, as is Christmas (although I’m panicking in advance about that day, lol)

Anyway, losing 6lb in one week! Go you 🙂 Many folk (including me) can just about manage 1lb off per week, so maybe you’ll just even out and maybe you’ll even be okay weight-wise?

Let us know how you get on?
    Take care, Aud x

And Lindyw, “But I was slimmer of the week at WW” *tries not to laugh* *fails*
    That’s one way to do it!

Excuse me! I had to force my WW neighbour to drive me to WW in the village hall, help me walk across the carpark and get me weighed first! I knew it was the only time I would ever be slimmer of the week – and the last.
    😀

Reminds me of the dude who had a weight loss method of “just drinking a bottle of Turkish tap water”. Well. Hmm.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply.