To sleep or not to sleep, that is the question?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Welcome to The Fast Diet and Exercise forums
To sleep or not to sleep, that is the question?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  smarte 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Hi everyone, I have been doing The Fast Diet now for 3 weeks. After a slow start of 0.5kg the first week, I decided to do another 5:2 then this week I did 3 days (M, W, F). I am glad to say I have lost 4.1kg in that time. But I haven’t had a proper weigh in this week. Monday is my weigh day. I am finding the fast days easy and non fast days I don’t go over the top. I am certainly more aware of what goes in my mouth.
    My problem is that I am finding it very difficult to go to sleep and if by chance I do go to sleep I wake up and can’t get back. I have 4 kids on holidays at the moment so it’s not too much of a problem, but next week I have to start work again.
    I’m not sure if this is just coincidence with the extreme heat or something else.
    Has anyone else had this problem and how do I combat it?
    Good luck if you’re fasting today.
    Mel

Mel, well done on keeping with it for three weeks and on losing weight!

How are you eating on your fast days? I eat just one meal in the evening at 500cal as this is easier for me. That way I am not hungry when going to bed and I can sleep well.

I have to say though that I have read your comment re lack of sleep in connection with the 5:2 diet before, but as far as I can remember it was always due to a growling stomach due to hunger bangs.

Best of luck
    Stef.

Hi Stef, I only eat dinner on my fast day. If I eat any earlier I just seem to get hungrier and muck up the whole day. My non fast days I eat to my TDEE and still have problems going to sleep. I have started having magnesium as I have read it helps both headaches (which I get a lot) and sleeping and valerian which is a herbal sleep remedy. Not really sure if they’re working yet. I’m not doing much these holidays so maybe when I get back to work I will be tired enough and sleep better. Here’s hoping. If it continues I might see the doctor.

Cheers, Mel

@smarte

“To sleep or not to sleep, that is the question?”

Choose sleep.

If only it was that simple!!!
    M

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.