Tips on simple ways to cook for family on fast days

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Welcome to The Fast Diet and Exercise forums
Tips on simple ways to cook for family on fast days

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jojodiet 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• This might be the deal breaker for me and I really want this to work! How do prepare a fast day meal for myself and my husband? The two little ones will be fine as they eat at a different times but any tips on doubling up a fast day meal and making sure that I still eat the correct amount of calories? A portion of rice with whatever I’m having for hub? Is there a link to some simple recipes? I’m new to the fast diet. I start tomorrow!

Ingredients:

4 salmon fillets
    1 tbsp olive oil
    1/2 tsp dried oregano
    1/4 tsp garlic powder
    1/4 tsp salt
    1/4 tsp black pepper
    1 red bell pepper, sliced
    1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
    1 zucchini, sliced
    1/2 red onion, sliced
    Instructions:

Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
    In a bowl, combine olive oil, oregano, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
    Toss salmon fillets with the spice mixture.
    Arrange vegetables on a baking sheet, then top with the seasoned salmon fillets.
    Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until salmon is cooked through and vegetables are tender-crisp.
    Serve with a side of brown rice or quinoa for a complete meal.
    Tips:

Feel free to use different types of vegetables like broccoli, asparagus, or green beans.
    Substitute other lean proteins like chicken breasts or cod fillets for the salmon.
    For added flavor, drizzle the vegetables with a squeeze of lemon juice before baking.
    This recipe is easily customizable to your preferences and dietary needs.

Much appreciated. Can’t wait to try. Thanks Othman 😊

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.