This is a miracle!!!

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  dumpling 10 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• My name is Michael Chambers. I’m 64 on crutches, waiting to get my hip replaced next year (2014). I saved Dr. Mosley’s program on my DVR (digital video recorder) last April 2013, but didn’t watch it until I had been to a family reunion in June 2013 and was disgusted with how over weight I looked in the pictures that were distributed from that event. I was also inspired to lose weight before the surgery next year (hip replacement – the Doctors always want you to lose weight). I finally watched his program in late July 2013 and got started fasting even before I eventually got one of those fancy bathroom scales that tell you your body statistics.
    I impressed my Doctor with my last visit (October 25, 2013) because I had weighed 275 pounds last April 2013 and I weighed 246 on this visit. I knew I had lost that much because my records are showing me that I’m losing about 10 pounds a month. To be able to lose weight like this with the lack of normal movement because I’m on crutches is indeed a miracle. It’s amazing.
    I weigh myself on Sunday mornings (October 27, 2013) and weighed in at 240.8. My BMI is in the mid thirties so I have a long way to go, but I’m making progress and people can see it. I’m doing 2 meals a day with no eating in between meals. I’ve also found it fairly easy to do just 1 meal a day occasionally. I feel better and my blood test numbers improved recently in comparison to last April 2013. I’ve always had good cholesterol numbers, but they even improved. Oh, and I forgot to tell you how shocked (in a good way) I was when my blood pressure dropped. I’ve been hypertensive for years. My cardiologist tells me my heart doesn’t have to pump as hard.
    Thank you Dr. Michael Mosley and Mimi Spencer

That’s brilliant progress. Well done you. It does feel like a miracle doesn’t it. I love this lifestyle & can’t believe how easy it has been to adopt. This is it for me forever as far as I’m concerned – no problem whatsoever 😉

So glad you’ve had such good results even without being able to do much exercise. A lot of people are mixing 5:2 with new workout regimes and/or healthy eating plans that they weren’t doing before they started. It is good for those coming on here for inspiration to see people who are still having fab results despite not having great mobility. I also think it’s good to point out (as in my own case) that this works whatever you decide to eat too. There’s no NEED to change your diet if you don’t want to, you don’t need to reduce carbs or go vegan, you can eat the stuff you’ve always liked as long as you don’t go crazy (calorie wise) on non-fastdays and stay within your allowance on fastdays.

Way to go, Mike! You are inspiring me! I broke my foot and leg a few years ago, and it is hard for me to traditionally exercise like everyone else. I just started the Fast Diet, and hope I get the results that you did! Keep up the great work!

Congrats on the results, that is brilliant!
    Bmi of 19… Here you come 🙂

BMI of 19… that sounds amazing. Let’s do that.

Challenge accepted,
    Mine is about 28 I think.
    5 FT 8
    84 kilos…you work it out, maths is not my thing.
    The one who has lost the most in 4 weeks gets a million dollars/ pounds

Can’t say fairer than that.

Haha I’m not sure whether competition is the best way to go here, or I might stop eating completely 😛 I’m in it for the win, all day, every day… that’s why I’m aiming for the 2015 world championships!
    My BMI is somewhere around 30 right now. So got a ways to go. But I’ll get there.

Mine was 30 till I re measured my height. Always thought I was 5ft 7 and maybe I was at 20 but now I am 5 FT 8 so my bmi went down yay!
    So make sure you haven’t grown in the last 15 yrs etc.

Anyway, what would you do with a million if you won..the pressure.
    Too hard!

I’d build a beautiful gym and start my own Taekwon-do school there! I know exactly what to spend it on xD

🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply.