Tevenie

This topic contains 12 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Angie090465 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

• Hi, I like a lot of people watched the Panorama programme and thought it was really interesting. I attempted 5:2 pretty half-heartedly and then forgot about it. However this weekend I bust out of my size 16 jeans and decided enough was enough. I have had elevated sugar and my cholesterol is high – the doctor wants me to go on statins but I have no intention of taking them ever.

Anyway, I read the book on Tuesday night and as they say, there is no time like the present so I fasted yesterday. I found it surprisingly easy. I often don’t eat breakfast until very late anyway so I was fine with tea and coffee all day. Back on real coffee which I prefer without milk.

I had a big plate of steamed cabbage and courgettes last night with a little butter and black pepper. I was fine, but I must say I was very cold and tired by the end of the day. I had a hot bath and went to bed early. I wasn’t particularly hungry today, skipped breakfast as usual though I was on a course and there were biscuits at break-time which I couldn’t resist.

I am hoping to do Mondays and Tuesdays every week from now on. I can’t do a second day this week due to other commitments.

If anyone has any tips or comments I’d be very grateful to hear them.

Tevenie

Hi Tevenie amd welcome to the forum amd 5.2

Well done on dpomg your forst fast, sounds like you’ve taken to it easily so you should start to see results in time!

You can do different days or back to back days, its up to you and what suits you best, makes no difference, plan your meals in advance so you are always ready, have you checked you TDEE? Its your daily calories allowance on your feed days, if you go to the “how?”section of this site, top of the page there is a tool there that will calculate this for you…

I cant think of anything else really, you seem pretty clued in so good luck and happy fasting 🙂

Hi Tevenie great start and agree with Angie sorting out your TDEE is a good idea–just looking at your fast day I see you had no protein and that could explain your feeling cold and tired. Hope you can get the Fast recipe book it has great healthy eating ideas, which is what this way of life is all about. Sorry but the mention of a plate of cabbage reminded me of some of the hideous diets that I have tried and failed at in the past. I would say the very wisest mantra on this forum is that it is a marathon not a sprint towards nourishing our bodies (rather than a speedy weight loss programme)

all the best and you will find lots of support and wisdom on this site.

Hi Angie, thank you for your reply.

Yes I have checked my TDEE. I am 5’11 and 223 pounds so the 500 per day is right for me. My maintenance is just over 2000 so I think I can keep round that fairly easily. (Famous last words 😉 )

I didn’t eat all day yesterday, but in future I think I will have a tin of mackerel (Lidl 225 calories) round mid day and then have vegetables for supper. I often eat tinned fish for breakfast anyway so it wont be that much of a change. Just cutting out all the other rubbish and having a lighter supper. I am excited about it!

Hi Double Happy

Oh the Cabbage soup diet! my friend did that years ago and all I remember is that the flat STANK for weeks of cabbage – it was horrible!

But I had Cabbage and courgettes because they are my favourite vegetables! I would often just eat them for supper anyway. But you are right about the protein, as I mentioned in my second post (posted at the same time as you) I will eat some tinned fish next time, which I also love so I wont be feeling too deprived. I think I might get some skimmed milk and have it with a little chocolate powder last thing in the evening so I can feel all warm and cuddly inside when I go to bed! So that’s my plan for next week anyway and I will see how it goes. I kind of think, that for me, I need to make it something that I really don’t need to think about at all. Just do it. I am actually working in the food industry and cook all the time so not thinking about cooking will be a lovely holiday for me!

It’s my 4th week, and I found I got really cold on both fast days this week (only those 2 and not the normal days). No idea why, but I’m keeping a wrap at work to keep me warm if it continues to happen.

Hi Arla

I can’t decide if I was cold because I hadn’t eaten anything or was cold just because it is cold out there.

Maybe a combination of things.

I was the only one in the office who was -cold- and it’s mid-summer over here so I wasn’t sure if the air-con was blasting or if it was me. It was me 🙂 but I don’t mind cos this is the first week I’ve lost any weight.

lol Arla, I didn’t realise you were in a warm place! It is freezing here in Ireland, typical January weather, wet, cold and windy!

Well I lost 2lbs after my one day last week. I thought it would immediately either go back on or partially go back on but it hasn’t so I am delighted with that. Fast day No 2 tomorrow. I am hoping to do my two in a row, ie Monday and Tuesday, but I will see how I feel on Tuesday morning. I might switch it to Wednesday instead depending how the week pans out. I am excited – if I could be back into 14 or even 12 (UK size) by summer, I’d be really very happy.
    Not to mention how happy my doctor would be if I could get my cholesterol down a bit!

Hi Tevenie and all, I’ve just started this week as well and completed 2 fasting days. I seem to really feel the cold on the fasting days too which is really unlike me as I’m always the warm, round one!
    Next step for me is to get some exercise going- is anyone else exercising with it? Have set myself a goal of the night time 5k run at Wembley in April, where everyone dresses in dayglo and they have dance music playing. Am determined not to be the last one in looking like a ginormous luminous pink dumpling!

hi Morph and welcome onboard!

well done on your 2 fasts, re the exercise I walk about an hour each day with my dogs,( when they are not taking ME walkies haha) and I feel so much better for it, I try and do a little 10 minutes routine too, a short clip I found online for tummy firming 🙂

good luck on your gaol, am sure you’ll make it, sounds fab!

happy fasting 🙂

Thanks Angie
    I’m quite excited about the whole thing and feel like diet this might actually work!

and am sure it will!!! 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply.