terrified and excited

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  ghostgirl 10 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• hello all, my name is lauren. i am a 36-yr-old mom of one and a lover of food, and if i am not careful i very easily gain weight. so of course over the years i have tried every diet there is, including some that were not healthy. i want to find a way to manage my weight, feel good, and stay healthy – something maintainable, a way to live in balance.
    recently i fell in love with a wonderful man who is also a chef. he is so non-judgmental and we love to cook and eat together. and between that and the holidays i’ve gained 7 pounds. that doesn’t sound like so much when i write it down, but i’m just to the point where i need to do something about it, or buy new clothes.

my friends and i signed up for a challenge at our gym to lose 8 pounds in 8 weeks. i am already working out more since new years than i was in 2013, but i know i don’t lose weight with only exercise. there has to be come kind of dietary component. low carb works well, but i hate eating that much animal food. lately i’ve fallen into a routine of consuming a lot of wine on a daily basis. just cutting down on that would probably make a difference, but it is a wonderful stress reliever…

besides weight-loss and maintenance, the health benefits of fasting seem really promising. and i guess what i like about the idea of 5:2 is that it seems like a fair trade: giving up 2 days a week towards intense self-discipline, and getting 5 that you get to just live how you like. that seems reasonable to me!

but tomorrow will be my first day fasting and i admit i am anxious. maybe getting involved in these forums will help? anyway, if you are reading this, wish me luck please!!!

By now you are probably going “hey that isn’t so bad”
    Fasting can be tough but it is very do-able and most of us have done unplanned fasts at different times in our life when things have gotten hectic but we just haven’t thought about them too much.
    I’ve been fasting today and find that I am fantasising about breakfast tomorrow – funniest part of that is that I started thnking about tomorrows breakfast before I’d even had tonights dinner.
    The best part of this is that you don’t wake up starving on the day after fasting. That always gives me a bit of a chuckle.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.