Struggle on diets…is this the one??? Advice welcome

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Welcome to The Fast Diet and Exercise forums
Struggle on diets…is this the one??? Advice welcome

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  sylvestra 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Hey all.
    Only just come across this diet online and I think I’m going to give it ago. Bored of doing the low carb diets they don’t seem to work :l. plus the meal replacements aren’t exactly nice.

Little bit skeptical on this diet I have to admit but want to shift my Xmas weight haha from the year before and the year before haha.

Any advice would be a great help as not really sure what I can eat on feast days and fast days…. From what I have read I gather I can eat normal on feast days within my calorie thingy ( forgot what it’s called lol ) and up to 500 cals on fast days

I’m going to order the books for the diet, the fast exercise and fast diet, has anybody read them? Also is the fast diet recipe book any good?
    Thanks for reading 🙂
    Good luck to everyone :).
    Abby x

Hi @abbyvictoria91 in answer to your ‘what can I eat’ question…the answer is whatever you like but not how much you like. On fast days you can eat up to 500 cals and on non fast days anywhere between your BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate) and your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure). To calculate these levels and a see an explanation of them click the ‘how’ link at the top of the page.

The book will tell you to eat ‘normally’ but everyone’s idea of ‘normal’ is different and if you ‘normally eat huge amounts then you will negate your fast days. This is where the TDEE comes in.

It may help to use an app to track calories – My Fitness Pal or Lose It are helpful – this will give you an idea of how much food you can eat to stay within your limits.

Don’t think of it as a DIET it’s a completely new way of eating. Diets are usually restrictive and have ‘rules’ and lot’s of ‘dos’ and ‘don’ts’ – 5:2 doesn’t have those.

It’s what works best for you so other than staying within the calorie levels there is no ‘right’ or ‘wrong’ way and you fit this way of eating around your lifestyle. That why it’s so good and so easy.

I haven’t read the recipe book so I can’t comment, sorry.

Good luck and keep us posted on your progress x

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.