Still reading the book!

This topic contains 14 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Nika 10 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

• TBH I started with the thought that I could do two days with 500 calories and still enjoy my delinquent diet of seaside pastries, pasties and cream cakes! Then I went on a great holiday for a week and ate everything in sight and then to a family party ditto. I am amazed. At my weigh with the nurse I had managed to lose 3Kg in 5 weeks without trying. I haven’t even managed my 2 days every week yet! However, I am reading through the book and getting a bit more serious. But Christmas is coming. What are we all going to do then?

Hi Smartgran and welcome to the forum,

We are having two weeks off at Christmas then getting back on plan again. Possibly loose what we have put on think positive for the New Year. Aiming for some more off.

Good Luck

Thanks for your welcome symba7 🙂 I think I will check where I’ve got to just before I go away and may restrict my chocolate and pudding intake accordingly. But I will take a break during the actual week I’m away apart from that. I know that eating constantly last year was a big mistake, but being with family in a celebratory mood didn’t help! The other thing of course is my appetite has lessened and I can say no thank you more easily.

Hello Smartgran! Welcome, welcome 🙂

I find these days that I have less desire for foods that don’t make me feel good after – things with flour and sugar generally. So, I’m going to try and not get started back on the rollercoaster those kinds of foods create.

I will travelling for three weeks – with boyfriend, family and friends at different times and I will probably try and have a fast day every now and then where it is possible, depending on what is going on. I don’t want to feel antisocial of course, but also I don’t want to regret eating too much, just because it is there.

Maintaining or continuing to lose would be the best and most Christmas present to myself ever, so that is my aim 🙂

Welcome again, and all the best!!

Greetings, Smartgran. My approach to intermittent fasting is what I feel is feasible and sustainable for me, with my big appetite, which shows no sign of moderating.

I don’t find Christmas too difficult. I keep alcohol to little or nothing, and try to minimise snacking. My priorities for things calorific are Christmas pudding once or twice, home made mince pies once or twice, and rich, moist Christmas cake along with a chunk of extra mature cheddar about twenty-seven times. There may also be some chocolate…

I am bound to take a bit of exercise – the dog will see to that. I expect I’ll manage some fasts when I’m busy, especially when travelling.

I hope you find a balance that suits you at Christmas – that you’ll both enjoy it and maybe impress the family with your progress & will power… Best wishes, R

Hello I Want2Bincontrol, thanks very much for your welcome. I’m glad you have a strategy and I agree that it would be quite a negative feeling if I scoffed everything because it was there and felt stuffed afterwards. Its great to have this forum for encouragement. All the best J.

Hi Permalink, you made me laugh. I want to impress the family with my new figure and size (the name Smartgran gives it away so not expecting Lady Gaga style) so don’t want to give in to the Roses, or as you say the 27 times cake and cheddar which appeals just as I’m typing it and I”m on a fast day!!!!!! Just resisted the BBQ on the beach for Firework night but gave in to half a pint of Cider! Not going to look up the calories for that as only had a baked apple for tea! All good then, J.

Who’s Permalink?

Anyway, welcome and I hope 5:2 brings you all the best 😉 As you said this forum is great for encouragement, so don’t be afraid to look it out when you need it. Or just start browsing topics and read other people’s stories, who knows, maybe you’ll find one that’s very inspirational!

Oh apologies R, Just seen what I did! Thanks for the welcome anyway, and I will have a look round when I get time. Dieting seems insignificant when looking at the Philippines news, but of course I’ll continue. J

Aye we got a hit off that weather as well, but nowhere as bad of course. Terrible news… although the Chinese people here don’t really care. -_-

Smartgran, I love your post! I too am reading the book; actually I bought several books on 5:2, although I don’t really need them all. I plan on enjoying myself over Christmas, still fasting for two days a week and enjoying the others. I’ll be mindful the other days, but still enjoy myself.

Nice to meet you bluesapphire. I saw the original program and was impressed but nor ready to do anything about it then. Since then I’ve been shamed at a check up and actually I hadn’t noticed how I’d piled the weight on so it was a good wake up call. I have noticed even over this short time how my appetite is adjusting. I still want puddings and cakes but not every day! Christmas will be tough, but I’m promising myself not to pillage the Roses tin like I did last year. All the best, J.

Christmas will be a tough time for a lot of people I think!! Sadly I’m in China (yes, sadly, I’d rather gain 5kg and celebrate Christmas with my family than being stuck here).

Anyway, keep us posted on the progress 🙂

@nika

“”celebrate Christmas with my family than being stuck here).”

Hopefully, it’s a short term sacrifice until you can connect again.

Be well.

âž°

Thanks Rocky 🙂 I’ll arrive home 15 August 2014… so a long ways to go. I will celebrate the next Christmas with them though!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply.