steady as you go!!!

This topic contains 11 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  sexy-sadie 10 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

• Iv been on the 5:2 since Feb and lost about 8 lbs. I’m sticking to 500 a day and tend to save my calories for a piece of fruit at dinner and a tea at around 5.30. I’m not hungry neither am I hungry when I wake the next day but my weight loss has been much slower than others. Iv been stuck at my current weight for a few weeks and have half a stone to go to reach my target. I fast from when I go to bed Sunday night to waking up Tuesday morning and the same Wednesday night. Am I doing it right?

Hi! (I’m new) been doing this for a week. I’m fasting 2 days in a row. So for instance I had my last meal 5pm Sunday fasted until 5pm Monday had a meal totalling 450 cals then fasted 24hrs until Tuesday 5pm when I had a meal of about 400cals. Today is a non fasting day but I’m still earthy eating having about 1200cals. But this is what is working best for me. I’m actually finding the 24hr fasts the easiest and my portion has already dramatically reduced. I’m thinking as I chew and putting my knife and fork down between each mouthful.
    Hope I see some results!

Hello All

I have been on the diet for about 4 weeks now, and i am not losing weight very quickly. I tend to do a Fast-day on a monday and Wed/Thursday. Eating 3 small meals adding up to 500 calories. (Breakfast, lunch & dinner) Is this how you are supposed to do it?

I would appreciate it very much if someone could give me some advice

Thanks

a read

Just a thought try not to eat 3 meals. The whole idea of fast is not to eat at all to give the body time to actually do what it is supposed to do such as repair and generate new cells. Every time we eat we divert the bodys attention to concentrate on dealing with the food therefore no repair etc can go on. Equally no fat burning can happen either.

Everybody is different and we cannot all manage not to eat at all for the period or even just eat one meal. I myself can only manage on two intakes of food on fast days at the moment and i make sure those are usually within 6 or so hours of each other to give me maximum time to really fast. Gradually i am aiming for one meal by reducing that time down.

Also try not to concentrate on the weight loss. I know that is what the vast majority are trying to do but the health benefits if this is done properly outweigh the weight loss and many like myself are losing inches quicker than losing weight.

Have a re read of the book again and don’t give up just readjust and give yourself time to get be able to reduce your food intake on fast days.

Best of luck

Hey, I’m doing 24 hours between my one meal on fast days, at the moment I’m doing 2 days in a row and having around 400cals. I think I could do 3 days of this in a row and just do 300 cals. Do you think this would be ok?

hi all. i’m new to this. in reading the calorie counter there are lots of items of 100g per day, lets say averaging 50 calories each. does that mean I can eat 1200 grams (1.2kg) of these foods per day to be on the 600 calories? thanks!! richard

If doing 3 days feels ok go with it. If you start to feel ill eat something healthy. Flexibility is the key.

Thanks, would 3 days all in one go be ok at about 350 cals? On the other days am I ok to just do 1200 cals? I’m not doing as much ex cerise as I would like. I have 4 children am at my biggest I have ever been have always been a size 10 about 9-9.5 stone. But after having an emergency csection and neuralgia I put weight on over 7mnjs since having my youngest child.
    Sorry for all the questions!

Hi Sadie and everyone asking questions like this – please please do stick with the plan 🙂 don’t have 2 fast days next to each other, eat 500 per day (or 600 for the boys) on fast days, eat sensibly on the other days and you will be healthier. If you go to 700 on a fast day don’t beat yourself up about it – you haven’t failed (emergency bananas are fine!) If you want to add another day in do, and do the fast days on alternate days. Don’t go below that 500/600 cals – stick to Michael and Mimi’s advice in the book. You may lose weight, you may not, but the most important thing is that you are healthier. Measure yourself too, inches is better than pounds lost. Don’t get dishearted if you don’t lose weight immediately or every week. This is a long term lifestyle change not a crash diet 🙂
    Good luck to everyone doing this – I am loving it and hope everyone else does too. Enjoy it and look forward to being healthier and fitter.

Ok thanks for that. I’m thinking maybe this isn’t for me, so I’m going to look into a diet to help me loose weight and maybe return to this once I’m at a stage were maintaining is what I need.
    Many thanks for all the answers.

Hi Sadie
    This should help you lose weight too, I have lost 5lb so far in 2 weeks, but good health is the crucial thing here.
    Keep to the plan and you will do great I am sure! Keep going!

sadie – this is long term. Try just water from lunch to lunch, do some exercise (its really easy when fasting, I swim 3km daily) and make sure you separate the fast days. I’ve lost 14.5kg in 22 weeks and blood tests are great. It will work, don’t overthink it and DONT COUNT CALORIES!

Ok thanks all, I shall stick at it, as I’m finding the fasting extremely easy I did 3 24hr stints in a row and felt amazing. It’s just the non fast days which are a struggle! I can’t manage 1800cals because its making me too hungry! I’m going to do my fast days from now on mon/wed/fri these days I’m having about 350cals now in one meal. Any advice for the non fast days? Does it count if I make up the extra cals on non fast days with a lot of fruit or fruit juice?
    Thanks

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply.