Starting tomorrow 30 October 2017

This topic contains 26 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  Koekie 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

• Hey. Just finished reading the book as wanted to fully understand how it works and the science behind it. Really looking forward to giving this a go. Want to lose about a stone. Anyone else out there starting tomorrow? I’m going for 2 meals. Breakfast and dinner. Having salmon and egg in the am and fish and veggies in the pm. Usually have 2 milky lattes everyday with vanilla syrup so switching to black coffee green tea and good old H2O. Fingers crossed for day 1 and good luck to anyone else. We can do it.

I will be starting tommorrow. I will try to skip breakfast and have a small lunch(soup) and dinner. I did it before and it seemed to work for me.

Also starting tomorrow. Meals about to be planned.

Also starting tomorrow. Aiming to lose at least a stone by March. Thinking of 3 meals, breakfast, lunch and dinner…going to be a challenge, but would like to lose weight as soon to be mother of the bride! I am a vegetarian so need to give some thought to dinner as usually fall back on cheese and carbs… Must learn not to binge on non-fast days!

Good luck

Also starting tomorrow, with a breakfast and diner planned. Will have to convince my dear work colleague that tomorrow will be a latte free day. Good luck from the Netherlands everybody!

Hello

If you want some support and company on your journey why not join the November 2017 Challenge with @jessyoursize who is hosting this month’s challenge – these monthly challenges were started by @coda back in May 2016 and has continued since with different members taking up the role of hosting each month – Lots of support, no judgement and plenty of understanding – This is the link for it:-
    https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/november-2017-challenge/

Hope to see you there ☺️

Hi:

For all of you starting tomorrow, here are some tips: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Good Luck!

Brilliant. Will follow the link and take a look. Thank you. πŸ‘πŸ»

Thank you for the tips simcoeluv. Will also take a look at these. 😊

@simcoeluv thanks so much for the link to your post. Also, if you don’t mind me asking, how have you done on 5:2? πŸ™‚ x

Hi Ab:

Still down 50.

Its all in the threads.

Good Luck!

Started today πŸ˜ƒ and I am a complete beginner
    Going to do 2 FDs and breakfast and dinner today is FD#1
    So far so good but stomach is now grumbling very loudly!!
    I would like to lose 10kg to start may reassess that as I go along. Have had hypothyroid for 15 years so may be a bit of a challenge but I am in a good head space right now and so motivated.
    Good luck all

Started last week and am on my 4th FD today. I’ve lost a couple of pounds quickly because my diet style changed so dramatically, I think! Will see if it keeps up the loss. I’d like to lose 20 pounds and wear my favorite clothes again.
    Good luck to everyone!

Welcome to all of you who are newcomers. This is the right place to be.
    My husband and I started Fasting 4.5 years ago, got down to our Target Weights, and have been maintaining ever since.

Lots of people here in the Forum to help you with your questions.
    Big tip from me: drink lots of water and find something to distract yourself from food.
    Good luck to all.

@bookworm. Unless you have permanently damaged your thyroid then a hypothyroid condition is just a “correct” response due to poor diet. By poor diet I mean a diet with lots of sugar and simple carbs. Such a diet will mean that you have elevated insulin levels. Under such conditions you can not access stored energy reserves (glycogen and fat). As a result your best alternative is to severely reduce your metabolic rate AND to be constantly grazing all day long to ensure you have enough glucose present. Cut out all sugar and grain based foods for six months and have your thyroid function rechecked. No pasta, bread, pizza, biscuits, rice, potatoes etc. Get all your carbs from veggies. try ait and see what happens.

@Mtkat. The average overweight person stores about 550g (1.2 lb) of glycogen. For every gram of glycogen you also store 4 grams of water. So initially fasting means you are severely depleting those glygogen+water stores. A weight loss of 2-2.5kg (4.5-5.5 lb) in very quick time is not uncommon. It slows down after that to somewhere between 0.5-1kg (1-2 lb). That is when you start consuming stored fat.

@bigbooty I have no idea if my thyroid is permanently damaged… My GP is a bit vague lol but I am also borderline coeliac so I have cut out carbs and my TSH is still abnormal πŸ˜• I am ready to try anything cos the lack of energy and being tired all the time has a huge impact on my work life…and life in general, so thank you for the advice πŸ˜ƒ

How is everyone getting on?
    Due to life getting in the way I am on my 2nd FD today and going to try for a liquid fast

Hi, done 3 FD so far and try to stick to around 1900 cal on NFD. After 2 FD/1 week of 5:2 lost 600 gr. Could have been a little better if I had not binged on nuts and cookies while watching Strictly. But having dieted very often, I know that for me this is a great result. And FD were suprisingly easy!
    How are you doing@bookworm?

Hi. I managed to do 2 fast days last week and have dropped a couple of pounds. Find my willpower varies from day to day. Doesn’t help that lots of goodies in the house for my son and Xmas chocolates sitting in the spare room. Chocolate is definitely my weakness.
    How is everyone else doing?
    Have a good day all xx

@katey74 That indeed is not easy! It helps me to say to myself: I don ‘t do that at the moment and walk away. And do something else. Knitting helps: I do a few rows and forget about eating! Good luck!

I’m on my 3rd fast day today πŸ™‚ feeling hungry but alright. Keep checking in with myself about the reasons I’m doing this to preempt any β€œcheating”. Have dropped 3 pounds since starting last week, and hope to have dropped another 11 pounds at the beginning of December, as I have my birthday coming up. πŸ™‚

Ok I think but I’m not weighing until tomorrow.
    Found 2nd FD so much easier managed to last on liquids until teatime at 7:30 so good for me!!! I’ve also gone cold turkey on no sugar in my tea and I’m not missing it πŸ˜‰

Good for you, @bookworm! πŸ™‚ I also lasted until around 7 pm today. Broke my fast with sushi – subbed rice for broccoli β€œrice” and everything amounted to 470 calories 😁 fighting a craving for the vegan Nutella in my cupboard right now… grabbed a Coke Zero instead. Argh. Just 12 hours till breakfast tomorrow morning……. when are you fasting next, @bookworm?

Weighed in ….. and I’ve lost 3kgs!!!!! I can’t believe it. I never lost that much in a week in 6 months of SW!!! So so chuffed …. and I’m not craving sugary stuff half as much as I was.

Oooooh bookworm, that is great! Incredible! Keep it up! I β€˜m jealous! Not really, I lost 1.2 kg in 2 weeks. Am really chuffed as well! πŸ˜€

AbFab5, Mimi says in the 5:2 recipebook that if a Zero Coke, helps you through the day, that is ok. Water and tea and coffee are better, but hey, we can’t be perfect all the time! Don’t beat yourself up about it. I bought myself some tea with flavours. Thought that might help. Tried them, hate them. πŸ˜±πŸ˜‚.
    I find if do something else, I forget about the hunger and it just passes, like Michael writes. Hope you will manage!

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply.