Starting tomorow…feeling motivated

This topic contains 18 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Twigglett 7 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

• Morning all,

I came across this diet 2 years ago and thought, wow, I could do this, after successfully losing 45 lbs on a very restrictive diet this seems like a long term program to keep the weight off. Fast forward two years and kids, school, sickness and work, etc, I had never started and due to bad choices I am up about 20-25lbs from what I lost. I feel gross, bloated, and sad today but by chance I came across the book and am feeling motivated to get started again. I plan to start with a fast day tomorrow and likely Thursday, but will tweak my days depending on success and how I am feeling. I have read a few different takes on the timing of our fast days. Do most of you eat breakfast and then a later dinner? I’ve seen some that eat lunch and dinner and try to eat within 6-8 hour window. This is similar to my last program and may be the way I go but looking for suggestions as I want to do this right this time. I want my body and mind back. Thanks all, looking forward to chatting with you.

I’m going to start tomorrow too!!!

Started today! Found it a bit tough. Not sure what’s best on the timing. I had brunch & dinner.

I was going to start today just not ready. Going to start tomorrow. I keep waffling between this plan and my old restrictive plan that works well and works fast. Just don’t know what to do but am going to give this a try. Thinking I’ll do the same and have brunch and dinner. Maybe just a big cup of tea in an. We got this. 😊

As the add says, Just do it!!

Success doesn’t chase you, you have to chase success.

Its not really a fast unless you want it to be (I water fast but most do not). All youre doing is reducing your calories for 2 out of 7 days. It costs nothing, there is no down side, there are huge health benefits to be had….so the problem is??

Well if it’s any help, I woke up this morning feeling brighter and lighter. Wasn’t running to the fridge in a quest to eat everything I wanted to yesterday. Very psychological. I’m doing another fast tomorrow if you want to give it a go then Djrj00.

Hi guys

Don’t think the rain helps! I was fasting today for al of half an hour then had breakfast…

πŸ˜‰

Tomorrow’s another day! xxx

I’m not saying there’s a problem, I just know that my old plan worked really well for me and I always go back to it. That being said I like the idea of this plan and am going to try it as I feel it’s better for a long term solution. I’m just nervous it won’t work. That’s all.

Thanks for the supportive words everyone. Starting today. 😊

Go for it! Let us know how you get on. I’m fasting today. It’s my 8th fast day since the start of May. The fast days do get easier and you will definitely find your own tricks and tips for getting through them. Good luck! πŸ™‚

frauB
    How have you gotten on since starting?

Djrj00 How was today for you?

Second fast tomorrow for me. Non fast day has been better than the norm, more mindful of what I’m eating. I can see this being a good way to go. Although I was naughty I was also very good, but not beating myself up about the naughty stuff as tomorrow is fast day. Going to try brunch dinner again for this week. I had a miso soup before bed (24cal) which took the edge off feeling hungry,savoury, did the trick. Pretty sure it will be different each fast day.
    I tried to just keep in my mind,when I struggled yesterday that I could eat what ever I wanted today…. I didn’t reach for half of what I thought I wanted today. Wish me luck for tomorrow. All I’m hoping for is together some focus and momentum. Oh and to loose 28lbs! Have a great evening… For sunny Scotland (yes, it is sunny!)

Thanks Melanie,
    So far so good today. I an drinking copious amounts of water and black tea today but that’s good. Breakfast at 7 and dinner will be same time. Cookies in cupboard are calling my name but I can hold off knowing tomorrow that if I need one I could have one. I am having to retrain my taste buds but I do think it’s doable. I struggle with cravings but hoping this plan can help. My mantra is i(we) can do this. I am aiming for 40 lbs. 😳 Just want to feel better about myself and healthier. Good luck tomorrow. From sunny Canada. Glad it’s sunny in Scotland, it rained a lot when I was there many years ago but was still beautiful. Hoping to get back someday.

Hello all . Fifth fast for me today. Discovered the miracle that is courgette spaghetti. Fab with tomato and mascarpone sauce , 200 Calstock. Result

Fifth day! Whoop …. Looking forward to being able to say that. Courgetti is great, I had it with two Heck italia chicken chipolatas (72 cals for 2)

Djrj00 Let’s go for this. πŸ˜‰

Lol. We will. One question. What’s a courgette? Is it a zucchini?

Hi, yip it’s zucchini πŸ‘πŸ˜€

Lol. Thanks.

Here goes. Second day. Woke up hungry. So I’m going for a different tactic today. Having a miso soup (44 cal) Seeing how far I can get on that.

Hi – just wanted to pass on a bit of useful info. I’ve been doing the 5:2 since March and I’ve lost about 14lbs. What I will say is that the fasting gets easier. I don’t eat all day as I find if I have breakfast I get hungry and then all I can think about is food. If I don’t eat my stomach shrinks and I’m not hungry. I do drink tea and also fizzy water if I need to which helps if you need to feel full.

I do the fasting now without even thinking about it. If I want something on a fast day, I just tell myself I can have it tomorrow or when I’m not fasting. On the days I am not I have what I fancy, although I am mindful of what I am eating I am certainly no saint!!!

Also I fast back to back so two days straight as that gets it out of the way. I feel great and am in such a habit now I think it’s how I will stay.
    Plus when friends ask how I lost the weight, they all comment on how good the 5:2 is for you and the health benefits are just amazing, this is a big motivator for me.

Really it just depends if this suits you or not, it suits me and hope it’s the same for you.
    Good luck.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply.