Starting today! (Aug 19)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  tickatape 10 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• For the past couple of weeks I’ve been trying to decide what to do about my weight. I need to lose at least 20-25lbs and I’ve been successful in the past counting calories and following other diets, but it all came back once I get back to my old habits. I watched Michael’s documentary yesterday and I got all fired up! I think this could work for me! I can see myself doing this in the long run because it is only 2 days a week and the rest I don’t need to be stressed out about what I eat! Of course that I want to eat healthier in general but not having to count calories or watch closely the foods I eat most of the time sounds great.
    I am starting today with coffee and a peach for breakfast and I will have some grilled salmon and salad for dinner. I am thinking Mondays and Thursdays would work for me but I love the flexibility in case I need to change the fast schedule.
    I tried to convince my husband to join me but he doesn’t want to follow any rules, he just says that he is trying not to eat at dinner time in general but I don’t think he has succeeded with that strategy. I hope to get noticeable results to inspire him.
    Here I go!

Fast day 1 is almost over! I did pretty good, I had my peach and coffee for breakfast and then just water until about 6pm when I was cleaning the kitchen and found an almost empty bag of doritos and I ate them >:( I have that bad habit! Anyway, I think that may have added 50 calories. For dinner at around 7:30pm I had salmon with salad (lettuce, tomato, broccoli, red bell pepper) with no dressing. I calculate that I ate a total of about 400-450kcal

The strange thing is that I didn’t really struggle while I was not eating but after having dinner I started to feel hungry! so eating made me hungry! It is almost 10pm and still feel hungry but I will go to bed now and call it a day!

I am excited about this! I feel empowered! 🙂

I wish my husband would do something too! I worry about his health. He says its because of his job driving all over the country that he eats the wrong foods! I have slowly lost 2 stone since January so I’ve just started 5:2 as it seems to fit in nicely with what I’ve already changed. Good luck! You can do it!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.