Starting Today 21st July

This topic contains 19 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  AndyC 10 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

• I did this for a while from Summer to Christmas last year and it was successful but I have let it slip since. Today sees my return to the diet. I did a slow 5k jog earlier in 42 mins and am now feeling hungry! I will weigh myself in the morning and try to measure my waist if I can find a tape! Good luck to all others who are embarking on this programme!

I should also have mentioned that I try to avoid gluten as well, this has made me feel much better in the past. I do tend to drink white wine after work which i would like to reduce. Can anyone suggest an alternative non alcoholic drink to replace the glasses of wine?

Hello AndyC,
    I watched the program on PBS the spring and was fascinated by the whole concept, but a little apprehensive to try as I wasn’t certain how I would feel if I need to be more functional on the fasting days. Turns out it’s really not so difficult! Glad you’re back into the method, it really makes a lot of sense to me as well, and glad you’re aware of what sensitized your system – feeling good I think helps us stick to a diet and exercise program, since food often is a fall-back feel-good thing that one doesn’t turn to when one’s in better health. Ah, but the white wine does sound nice! I replaced my taste for wine with just cool water & ice mixed with a little berry or lime juice – it’s refreshing and has some nice overtones, best alternative I know of.

Thanks for this Chuckk. I slept okay last night even though I was hungry when I went to bed! Will do a 5K jog this morning before the weather gets too hot! Will eat normally today and will try the lime juice this evening in preparation for my next fasting day which will be Thursday.

5k jog done with treadmill set to a gradient of five. Hard work but got through it! An eat normal day today but in this heat I have not felt like eating much at all. However, if I am going to keep up the exercise I know I must eat. Am sticking to a gluten free diet where possible but do not worry about slipping when it becomes difficult when out or with friends. Next fat day is Thursday.

5K jog done plus 15 mins slow swimming. Intend to exercise six data a week. Which exercise regimes have the rest of you out there followed whilst fasting for two days a week?

If I run on a fast day and burn 300 calories, can I eat more than 600 calories on that day? Any one out there able to help me?

Hi, AndyC – Of course, you can do that if you want but what’s the point? Why run forward and then step back again, cancelling out your effort? Fasting is not primarily about weight-loss but about giving your system the slight stress of those reduced calories for brief intermittent periods, in order to kick start a whole series of physical reactions that produce health benefits. Why dilute that effect? Best wishes.

Thanks, so it will be run, swim and just 600 calories for me tomorrow. What you say makes sense. I will have an exercise free day on Saturday and then when I go back to work with have two exercise free days and judge when to go to 6/1 fasting as I only have about 10lbs to lose.

Very tired today so just a swim and a 3.5K run. About to eat an evening meal of 450 calories having saved the majority of today’s allowance! I did contemplate not eating and drinking 450 calories of white wine!

Hi AndyC, as weather has been so unusually hot, I have chosen swimming as my exercise of choice. In colder weather, I vary between regular walking and cardio exercise classes combined with some weight training. Swimming has always been my preferred form of exercise. I have swum on my fast days with no negative side effects, although I am careful to drink more fluids to replace lack of food. Started this only 2 weeks ago and already feel lighter. However, have not yet submitted to the scales as yet! Had given up on alcohol since March anyway to lose weight which has helped. Good luck!

I was tired at the end of the second day of fasting yesterday but went to bed early. I woke up early this morning and feel fine. I have not eaten breakfast yet but am going for a slow run before breakfast for half an hour. I will then eat as normal today and tomorrow before having Sunday as a fast day. Saturday will be a non exercise day for me. Not ready to give up alcohol, but only drink white wine!

Just completed 3.5K jog. Felt tired but not surprised as I have done six consecutive days exercise. I will rest tomorrow and then switch to a 5;2 exercise programme as this mirrors the diet plan. Has anyone any experience of this. I am 56 now and suspect that it may suit my age better.

No exercise today, tomorrow is a 600 calories day. Start of second week.

Week two starts today. Going to have today and Thursday as my fasting days. I will go to a 5/2 regime for exercise as well with Wednesday and Saturday as my rest days. A 5K run awaits me!

Low calorie day yesterday was much easier than the first week. I was tired on my run though but made the 5K, went for a 15 minute swim in the afternoon which was relaxing. Do not feel over hungry this morning. If anyone is struggling on first week, my experience is that it appears to get easier!

Ran 5K and rowed for 1K (static machine). Did not eat much during the day due to being very busy and had a bad case of the munchies in the evening. Was more hungry than I have felt for a while and unfortunately found the cheese and bottle of white wine that was lurking in the fridge! Another busy day today but should have time for a run at lunch time. Will endeavour to have a normal eating day!

Did lunch time 5K and got to mid afternoon before I realised I hadn’t eaten! Consequently as I had to drive to the airport in the evening I decided to do a fast day. Was hungry in evening but stuck to diet. That is both fasting days done this week. No run today as I have gone to three days running, day off, two days running, day off programme. It does appear that my waist band is less tight on my trousers!

5K run and swim today with a normal day eating. First comment from someone I have not seen for three weeks about how much weight I look to have lost!

Very tired yesterday so just did a swim. Had a curry for evening meal but was full after two popadoms and a chicken tikka starter so will be having my main course tonight! Felt fine today so did a 7.5K run and a swim! Looking forward to my meal and a few glasses of white wine.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply.