Starting today!

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  tea rose 10 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Hi everyone.

I’m Susan, 47 years old and living in New Zealand.
    I am very excited to be embarking on the 5:2 eating regime.
    I have been a Weight Watcher for years and have found it hard to sustain. I did get to my goal weight in 2010 and again in 2012 but the weight has crept back on and I am keen to shed 5 kilos to get back to my happy place.
    I am a runner and try to get out 4 or 5 times a week. I just completed my first half marathon and I know that my running would benefit immensely if I could shift this blubber.
    I’ve just had my lunch and am still rather peckish but I know it’s only for a day and from what I’ve read the rewards are boundless.
    Look forward to getting to know other enthusiasts of this way of life.

Welcome. I’m only three weeks in, starting my fourth week and fasting as I’m writing this post. During the day when I’m working it’s much easier, but nighttime and sitting at home is harder. In other posts some suggestions are to keep busy, like read and reply on this site. I’ve began a puzzle. It keeps my hands and mind busy. We are not really hungry, just used to eating. Find something to distract the brain. Good luck on your jouney.

Thanks Redflame. I appreciate your response. I am actually going overseas for a 3 week holiday with my husband on Thursday so I suspect I will not easily be able to do this when away and will start the lifestyle proper on my return with an aim of losing at least 5 kilos before the end of the year. I just wanted to give a “fast” day a try to see how hard it is.
    I am rather hungry as I type this and wonder how I will manage for the rest of the day as I only have a pear and an egg on half a slice of toast left for the rest of the day.
    I had planned to go for a run after work but I wonder at the wisdom of that now. 🙂

Cheers
    Susan

Hello I’m new too! I’m fasting today and herbal tea is my saviour to those hunger pangs. The one I’m drinking at the mo is delicious! Its cinnamon, cardamon and ginger – spicy and sweet! I have also treated myself to a new magazine, so once all the evening kids clubs are over, its bath, bed, read.
    I have also organised to have coffee with my sister tomorrow, so I am looking forward to a rather nice frothy coffee in the morning!
    Good luck with keeping busy and have a great holiday!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.