Starting off on the marathon

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Big drop 10 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• I’ve just completed my first week/third fast (having started a week ago today) and am overjoyed to have lost 3.5lbs. Nothing else changed in terms of the food I ate on non-fast days and exercise, so the loss is purely down to the two days I fasted. I love it – and have never said that about a diet before!

The first two days I split the calories into two meals (and went over by 100 cals the first day due to cooking with oil) but today I made it until 3pm, when I had a banana, then piled the remaining calories into one meal. One thing I have used, which so far I haven’t seen on the forum, is Slimming pasta and rice. This has no carbs and negligible calories. It fills you up, which is useful with this eating style, and has, how can I put it, quite an impact on the bowels.

I have a lot of weight to lose and am taking it a step at a time, but have my eye on various goals. The knock-on effect is that I feel much more positive in other areas of my life as I am now dealing with an issue that has blighted me all my life.

I’ve been to the doctor to have my cholesterol and glucose levels checked. My BP is always 120/80, so I am expecting to see improvement here. I have also taken measurements from all over my body, which I have done for 20 years or so when trying to lose weight. I’m looking forward to seeing an overall improvement and to watch all these numbers go down.

Roll on fast day 4!

well done bigdrop that’s a good starter–it’s interesting the irregular patterns of weight drop, I took 3 weeks before things moved down on the scales but inches came off the waist. That’s why this forum is so powerful, by encouraging us all to persist especially as we plateau or gain abit and then we can celebrate the drops.
    I so agree with you about the knock on effect feeling more positive in other areas of our lives—so much of our pysch is based on body image and will power or lack this WOE frees us from all that.
    all the best with you next fasts–One powerful step after another–it’s the way Everest was climbed so we can do it !!

Fantastic start Big Drop, and good on you for getting your bloods done. I didn’t do that so I will have no idea if things have moved in any direction for me with my blood. 🙂

Make sure that you celebrate a lot of little milestones along the way. I find doing that helps to keep me motivated and committed.

This way of eating is really feeling like a lifetime change for me. Even today (a fasting day for me) when feeling annoyed with my hubby I have stuck with it!

Like you ghostgirl, I see this as being a way of life and, compared to other eating regimes, it’s quite easy. I find the morning after the fast the thing I crave most is a cup of tea, not food.And well done double happy for persisting three weeks at the start of the ‘diet’ even though you had not seen weight loss. Measurements are really a more important than weight, unfortunately the focus is usually on weight – by the medical profession and insurance companies.

I just feel a real buzz from this method and believe I can achieve the body I’ve always wanted – or pretty damn near. Thanks both for your support.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.