Starting Fast Diet this Thursday

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Miranda FR 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Hi All,

My husband and I are going to start this way of life (trying to avoid using the word ‘diet’) this Thursday. We live in South Australia and with Christmas, New Year and my birthday out of the way, I think it is a good time to start. I came about this lifestyle by chance, I overheard a conversation on the train and as soon as I got home I Googled it and the rest is history! I’ve purchased both the recipe book and the Fast Diet book. I’m very keen to get started but worried about the hunger pangs. Anyhow I’ll let you all know how we go.

All the best
    Miranda

Welcome & good luck with it.

Just always remember that ‘hunger’ is an illusion until it starts to genuinely physically affect you. You’re tummy will grumble but it comes in waves – have a glass of water, busy yourself with something for 5 minutes and it WILL pass.

It doesn’t work this way for everyone (some just can’t last long without fuel) but if possible, try to go as long as you possibly can before you start on your 500 calories. You’ll find it so much harder once you’ve eaten something so delay it as long as you can. If you can manage it just have one 500 calorie meal towards the end of the day.

Saying that – it took me weeks to figure that out myself, so don’t worry if you can’t do it right away. Be kind to yourself as you’re getting used to the new way of life.

Hi Miranda and welcome onboard lol

I agree with TracyJ and I think patience and time is the key with this way of eating/life, good luck anyway and happy fasting 🙂

Thank you both for your wise words. You’re absolutely right: water was the key to getting through my first fast day and busying myself. My son and I watched a film in the afternoon and there were some chocolate nuts left over from my birthday and guess what? My son helped himself and I declined. RESULT! Also watching any film in the afternoon is usually code for having a nana nap and guess what again? I watched the whole film and didn’t even feel sleepy. If this is the result of just one day of fasting… bring it on.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.