Starting December 2015 – who's with me?

This topic contains 53 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  Raywitt 7 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 51 through 54 (of 54 total)

• Hi everyone.
    On this, the last day of my first month of 5:2 I thought I’d update my progress.
    With the holiday period we swapped our schedule a bit but managed to only skip one fast day. My start weight was 108.7kg. 31 days later my weight is 104.7kg – exactly 4kg lost. I’m feeling more energetic. My clothes are fitting better. Fast days are not such a challenge – I can now easily make it to 12:30/1pm before eating and the rest of the day passes quickly from there on. I think borrowing some low calorie and 5:2 recipe books has helped plan the fast day meals and keep them interesting – even if I haven’t followed them exactly I’ve picked up some ideas of the types of food to include (maximum fill for minimum calories). I had watched the BBC presentation before starting, but now that I am hooked, I purchased the official 5:2 book by Michael and Mimi which I plan to read over the next week.
    We are on holidays for the next week so are not fasting but we will be doing lots of excersise climbing mountains (bushwalking). I can’t wait to get back and get into fasting again. I even bought a new bike helmet yesterday (I still have my old mountain bike but no idea what happened to my helmet) so once we get back I might try and get back on my bike (after about 15 years), and we plan on going to our local pool once a fortnight to swim. I am now ready to add excersise to my 5:2 plan.
    All in all I’m excited to be heading into the new year knowing I’m on the right track (and 4+ kilos lighter than I would otherwise have been).

Me again, just thought I’d pop back to report on my 5:2 progress.
    My current weight is 101.7kg as of this morning. We had a week break while we were on holidays in January, where we neither gained nor lost any weight. We had a couple of weeks where we missed one of the fast days, so again didn’t gain or lose any those weeks. I have plateaued the last 2 weeks at 103.4kg – 102.7kg and if the scales hadn’t budged today I was going to scream… thankfully they had dropped a bit so I’m happy again. It has become very routine for us now – Monday and Wednesday are fast days and we tend to eat the same things each week for simplicity.
    Onwards and downwards!

Hi!
    I took a break from 5:2 for a while, focussed instead on healthy habits and getting in to the gym. I am starting back up this week funny enough and at 101.2 so we are matching!

I have 6 months to lose as much as possible (main goal is to lose 35kg but will be happy with 20kg in six months as don’t want to lose it too fast). So my goal is 1kg a week or there abouts.

How many calories do you eat/how much of a deficit do you eat at compared to your TDEE on a non fast day? That part is really throwing me.

My TDEE is 2187, but I have been content at eating around 1500 calories the past couple weeks. I feel like 5:2 with 1500 could be too few and I’d like to leave room to decrease when a plateau hits but 1700 calories in 3 healthy, clean meals is a LOT?!

My current non fast day is:
    Porridge with berries
    Brown rice, vegetables or Roast vegetable salad
    Quest protein bar or roasted chick peas or almonds
    Chicken breast with lots of veges
    Small bit of chocolate or hot chocolate

Which equals to around 1500 calories. I suppose it’s only an extra 200 calories, so maybe if I add another snack in like yoghurt or hummus and veggies.
    Okay actually now starting to think 1700 while being healthy isn’t so hard after writing that!

Still interested to know what deficit you eat at though! 🙂

Thought I’d pop back in to update my progress.
    My current weight is 99.3kgs. I took a couple of months off while we moved house and got into our new routine, and in that time put back on about 3kgs! So, for the last 2 months we have been sticking to 5:2 again, and the “put back on” weight seemed to come back off again easily enough. I had about 3 weeks I couldn’t break through the 100 barrier but then last week I achieved 99.7kgs and this week 99.3kgs.
    I am really starting to notice the weight loss in my clothes… almost to the point I may need to go down a dress size. I bought my first pair of size 16 (Aus) jeans about 2 months ago, and now I am fitting into them without too much muffin top. I am noticing a bit of flabby skin too on my stomach, thighs and arms.
    We often have soup for dinner on fast days – pumpkin/asian style chicken dumpling/vegetable “minestrone” (without the bean)s, and skip breakfast on fast days. Non-fast days I am not counting calories anymore but I am more conscious of what I am eating those days. If we end up having take away once a week, so be it. I also try and have red meat on non-fast days because we get plenty of chicken and fish on fast days because they are lower in calories.
    In general I feel much healthier, I am getting much fitter (even taken up bike riding again, doing approx. 12km/week) and am liking the results – even if it is slow.

Viewing 4 posts - 51 through 54 (of 54 total)

You must be logged in to reply.