Starting again?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Cinque 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Hi!

I did the 5:2 diet just over a year ago & had great results. Since then I’ve gained most of my weight back. Has anyone got any tips on how to get started again without losing motivation? I’m not overweight but I have to keep my weight down as I have polycystic ovaries.

Thanks 🙂

Hi Lucy,
    My belief it is all about making it an ongoing, sustainable way of life. I’ve been at my maintenance weight for a few months now, and I am still getting the hang of it, but as longtime 5:2er Thin says, maintaining our healthy weight looks very much like losing weight.

I am presuming I will do this for the rest of my life. My motivation is that I am so happy to be at the lower end of my healthy weight range, by how much better my basic health is, by the fun I have getting dressed in clothes now etc etc.

My way of making 5:2 sustainable is to make the fast day as easy as I can, be prepared, and look forward to the lovely feeling I have waking up after a fast day.

And the other thing has been to be part of groups on this forum so I can chat and share and learn.

Best wishes

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.