Started the 5:2 on July 15, 2013

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Cathyork 10 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• All I can say is “Wow”. I started the Fast Diet on Monday, July 15th. I weighed in this morning and have lost 20 pounds. My boyfriend is down 30 pounds. We finally have a diet we can follow and see results. Next is resuming my exercise plan. 30 more pounds to go – should be there by the holidays. Only wish I would have come across this diet sooner.

Blimey that is an amazing weightloss! Congratulations!! I am on Day 2 (Day 1 was my first fast day).

Care to share some tips?

Let me first say that “I love to cook, eat and enjoy”. I purchased the cookbook that Dr. Mosley and Mimi Spencer put out. Since I’m from the USA, some of the items didn’t make sense to me. But, I mainly have replaced ground beef with ground turkey and have gone low fat on other items. I purchased a couple of other cookbooks. One: 200 recipes for under 200 calories; Two: 300 recipes for under 300 calories. I definitely didn’t want to give up taste. And, with these helpful cookbooks, I don’t feel like I’m missing out. I snack on hot dill pickles when my coffee or hot tea do not fix my hunger. Last night – fasting night – I had a homemade Bolognese sauce made with ground turkey and I used a broccoli slaw mix to substitute for pasta. Delicious, healthy, filling and came in around 170 calories. For my non-fasting days, I try to keep my caloric intake under 1800. And as a side note, I should be 500 calories or lower on my fasting days but opted to eat what I fix for my sweetheart. So, 600 calories or less for me and I still lost 20 pounds. And, I can tell I’m not losing muscle tone which is an added plus. Best of luck to you. It does get easier – especially when you are seeing results.

Thanks for the good ideas! I think I will look out for a cookbook. I love cooking too and already have many recipe books but I have nothing with calorie counts in this range that catch the imagination – like you I definitely don’t want to sacrifice taste.

So impressed with what you have achieved – it is really motivating!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.