Started 2 weeks ago! Patience needed.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  simcoeluv 7 years ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• 45 year old male. I was heavy at 220. I put on another 25 pounds the past few years. Time for a change.

Last year, I tried the Fasting Mimicking Diet for a few months. I’d fast for 5 days in a row each month (about 700 calories a day). Every month, I’d spend several hours preparing my food for the 5-day fast, making sure I had the right calories and the right macros. It was a lot of work and it was a long fast. The fast was not enjoyable and I didn’t notice any change in weight.

Recently, I found out the I have high cholesterol. The doctor wanted to put me on statins, but I told her I’d try natural remedies. 3 months later, it didn’t go well. I didn’t stick to any program and actually gained a few pounds. My cholesterol is still high. Time to get serious.

2 weeks ago, I started the 5-2 diet. I’m down 7 pounds from 245 to 238. I have another 2 1/2 months before I get my blood checked again. I’m hoping for the best.

I’m finding the fast days are super easy. Soup for lunch and a lite dinner. Food prep is fast. Meals are tasty. I only have to wait till the next day to eat normal. No problem.

So I’ve started and I’m serious. I’d like to get down somewhere between 180 and 200 pounds. I’d also like to fix my high cholesterol. It’s a long term process. I just need patience and to keep on keeping on.

Hi Bagua and welcome:

Here are some tips that might help with 5:2: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Good Luck1

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.