Should I be eating 450cals on fast days?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Puny 10 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Hi, my TDEE is 1800 calories. I’ve known for a while that I couldn’t eat 2000 and not steadily gain weight. But does this mean I can only eat 450 calories on fast days? I’m around 66/67kg and I’m not really losing any weight on the diet at the moment but I’m glad to say that the 69kg I seemed to yo-yo back up to seems to thankfully be long gone. The other thing is that I only eat between 1200 and 1500 calories on non fast days. Do I have to eat 1800 for the diet to work? I’ve been on the diet since the beginning of June but I have been calorie counting since the new year. I’ve lost about 5kg in that time but started fasting as a change to the drudge of daily calorie counting and feeling guilty about treats.

Well?

The only variation in calorie intake on the fast days is between men (600) and women (500). If you want to drop it to 450 then do but you don’t have to. Doing exercise also does not allow you to increase your intake. It’s just a very straight forward approach.

I don’t watch my calorie intake at all on non fast days. If I stopped losing weight I would have to consider checking that I wasn’t over eating on the non fast days.

One of the things that really appealed about the diet is not having to count calories or be restricted in any way apart from the two fast days I do a week. Or three days if you are doing 4:3.

Try not to over think it. Just listen to your body when it’s telling you, you are full 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.