Seeking 5 foot 6 female in 40's starting out at 153 pounds

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Welcome to The Fast Diet and Exercise forums
Seeking 5 foot 6 female in 40's starting out at 153 pounds

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  sylvestra 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• Desperately need a buddy to compare notes

I’m 40’s 5’7 and 150 …will I do? I started on Tuesday (at 151.5) and am having second fast today. Will plan to do Mondays in future…When did you start?

YES! I used to be 140 as my default weight, moved to the suburbs and now the weight doesn’t move! I’ve been 130 for years. Are you strict with fasting? Do you drink coffee in am?

About 2 weeks ago I cut my calories to 750 a day with 3 or 4 cheat days in between. I have to admit lately I have coffee in morning, eat a 250 calorie salad and at 7pm I have a 250 calorie frozen meal and fruit salad and no exercise. Scale has barely moved, maybe 3 pounds over last 2 weeks. I feel like the skim milk and coffee ruins my fast. Can I get some real constructive criticism please be blunt with me

153lb is 10st 13lb. At 5’6″ is that a weight problem or are you (wisely) wanting to improve your general health? I’m 5’4″ and I weigh in at more than 11st so I don’t suppose I’ll be any use as a buddy. I’m older too. But my advice would be to look at your 750 calorie intake on your fast days. It seems high for a fast. It’s unlikely to be the coffee and milk! Also it often takes a while for any changes to be seen, even longer to show on the scales. It was my calves looking slimmer that I first noticed change.
    So don’t think of your eating days as cheating. Cut down on that sort of negativity and be ‘normal’ for 5 days a week. And a sustained loss of perhaps 3lb in two weeks is actually lovely.

Yes I know that I’m not doing 5-2 by the book. Will this hinder my successs

Hi, funny I used to be just under 140 until I moved out of town….and approached 40. I have been strict with the 500 cals but I have had to factor in coffee and some tea with skimmed milk. I also have to have a little something in the day like a slice of Turkey. This has only been my second fast day and I am just about coping by keeping really busy. I did find I was quite tired on the non fast day.

I notice you use the term cheat days…does that mean you deliberately seek to indulge in treats or more of a normal eating day. I guess the whole 5:2 thing will only work if the non fast days aren’t all overindulgent. I am going to try to fast 2 days, eat sensibly for 3/4 and eat freely for 1/2 days depending on what’s in the diary.

@cherry guliner ….I’m curious to know why you have ‘cheat’ days on 5:2.

You say you are not doing 5:2 ‘by the book’ but if you want to lose weight then it’s 2 days fasting and 5 days normal eating. 500 calories is the level you should be aiming for on your fast days. On non fast days you can eat WHAT you want but NOT HOW MUCH you want. i.e ABOVE your BMR and UP TO your TDEE. So there is no need for ‘cheat’ days.

xx

Sorry – that should have read @cheryl guliner

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply.