Rebooting Tomorrow

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  marigolds 10 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Good afternoon everyone.

Unfortunately, it’s been about 5 months since I fell off the wagon, so I’m back and restarting.

I am reading the book The 2 Day Diet by Dr. Harvie, and this time around I am going for two consecutive days in a row, and I’m upping my calories to about 600 per fasting day. I just read on another forum that Dr. Mark Mattson is doing a new 5:2 study, and his subjects (older women like myself), will be allowed 600 low carb cals for two consecutive days; eat ad libitum (whatever you want without pigging out) the other 5. I can definitely do this!

It sure feels good to be back and get a fresh start on this weight loss before the new year.

Hi there.

Were you able to work out how you came to falling off the wagon last time? Don’t worry about ‘why?’ focus on how!

I think that will be key to the success you are after.

One of the things that I really have liked about 5:2 is the emphasis on not being too harsh on yourself and if you not feeling up to it on a day then choose another. I’ve been flexible on some days now and again and planned my week in advance. I also like the aspect of tomorrow being ‘another day’ i.e. different to today and possibly/usually better than today. So far 13.5 kgs have disappeared since around July – 2.3kg more and it’s 6:1 for me. That 6:1 is quite an incentive and I could well stick with it until whenever.

I would find the 2 in a row hard to handle and probably something I would give up on easily after a while, but I’m happy to accept fasting as part of my life and I look forward to each day whether it’s feast of fast!

It’s horses for courses, will be interested to see if the 2 in a row improves things.

Good luck and beware of fast moving wagons 🙂

Hey Marigolds! Welcome back, we’re happy to have you back on our little bandwagon without doors and with drunk horses. It’s a fun wagon though.
    I think it’s a good tip from McFast, to figure out how (and maybe also why) you fell off the wagon last time, because that may help you figure out what not to do this time.

Let us know how you get on with the back to back fast days, I’m quite interested in this!

Well, I gave up last time for a simple reason. I just got lazy. Nothing deep or psychological. This time around I know that ANY diet plan or lifestyle of eating does require some discipline! It’s just par for the course!

I’m doing 2 consecutive days because I’m reading in the book The 2 Day Diet by Harvie, that 2 consecutive days might have additional health benefits. Also, I personally like 2 days in a row. Get it over with and have the rest of the week to eat normally! I read about a new study by Dr. Mattson. His 5:2 study protocol will include two consecutive days of fasting at 640 cals per day. I also like that this time around I’m eating 140 more cals a day, a bit more food/protein than I did before at 500 cals. We’ll see how it goes!

Thank you for your encouragement! This time around I will be more active on the boards.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.