Query on FD daily calorie intake for women

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  fasting_me 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Hi….so far, I’ve been having 500 cals on my fasting days, which it says on here and also in the book I have….BUT I read an article from Michael Moseley lately saying that he’s done some more research and upped the fasting day intake to 800 cals. Is this correct please? Don’t want to miss out on 300 cals worth of fodder……..
    Thanks
    Jane

Michael Mosley has said that it is possible to lose weight eating 800 calories on FDs but what you need to bear in mind is that if you eat more calories on FDs your weight loss will slow down and 5:2 isn’t exactly a quick weight loss method.

It’s all about creating a calorie deficit and it takes a deficit of around 3500 calories to lose 1lb which is the average weight loss in a week for women doing 5:2 eating 500 calories on fast days.

Chasey, I am a woman and I eat 600 calories on Fast Days. It worked. Still Fasting after 5 years, tho’ eating a little more now that I’m Maintaining.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.