Oops…but salvagable?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  NatashaD 10 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Oh dear guys, what a start to my fast day.

I got up at the un-Godly hour of 5:15am (having only gone to sleep at 2am!), got into work about an hour and a half later and could not resist a bacon sandwich! I always feel like eating comfort foods when I am tired. My own fault really, I should make sure I sleep more.

BUT, having calculated the calories in the bacon sandwich, it worked out at 390 cals! I put it together myself so I know how much of each ingredient I used (2 slices white bread toasted, 2 bacon rashers fried in veg oil, 15g flora spread) and seemingly I have not gone over my 500cals.

Given that my breakfast is not necessarily fast-day recommended, does anyone think that I can salvage my fast day by only consuming my 100 cals left for the rest of the day? Desperately trying to do ADF for two weeks to shed the couple of lbs I gained over xmas.

Well personally, I have only just started yesterday, but it seems to me that even if you go slightly over your 500 calls it is still better than giving up and eating 2000. Or am I wrong

Hey Nat! Well technically that’s fine, yeah. If you just eat 100 more cals. What you COULD also do (just an idea) is to eat like 700 cals today and then cut 200 tomorrow. Or do your fast day tomorrow. I can imagine living on 100 more for the entire day sucks… 😉

And yeah Jan, I agree with you, it’s still better. But not every fast day 😉 And like I said, you could compensate the next day.

You’re right jancreba, even if I had 500-600 cals today it will be better than blowing out the fast completely.

Nika I can always count on you to give me good advice! I don’t think I would find it totally unmanageable to have 100 more cals today, I usually have all my fast day calories in my evening meal anyway so I am quite used to going all day on fluids alone. That’s sorted then,I’ll continue fasting today and then do my 4th fast this week on Sunday. Thanks Guys!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.