On Target October – Monthly Challenge for October 2021: Come & Join Us :-)

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
On Target October – Monthly Challenge for October 2021: Come & Join Us :-)

This topic contains 303 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by  BrightonBelle 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 315 total)

• Day 30 – UK – CD
    Day 29 – NFD

I’m glad to report that our local flood waters receded as fast it rose but other areas in our region were not as lucky and suffered some damage – one of the pubs that sit near the lake edge flooded once more!

Yesterday was definitely a NFD but I did manage Monday to Thursday as FD800 so very happy with that – aiming for a good CD today and a FD800 tomorrow to finish this October challenge on a positive note with my monthly weigh in on Monday 1st November!

Thank you @northgeorgia for stepping up to host our November Challenge – I’ll set up the spreadsheet for the group.

It’s been fascinating reading the discussion of typical Thanksgiving menu items – not something I’m familiar with but always interesting to hear what is familiar/liked by other nationalities – FOUR pies for Thanksgiving @stitchincarol ๐Ÿ˜ฎ think the cherry one might be my favourite

@mariaelena – I too had to look up kamoosh and that sounds right up my street ๐Ÿ˜‹ I hope you manage to save your food in the fridge/freezer during your power cut and hope it’s all sorted now!

Weather is brightening up out there after a wet morning so might go out for a wander up to view our local waterfalls – should be a good sight after all that rain we have had in the past few days….๐ŸŒง๐ŸŒง

Tomorrow afternoon I have booked in for a gentle and restorative Yoga afternoon whilst a local singer and songwriter, performs live to us her own music weaving in some soulful mantra – a “me time” to put our comfys on, turn our phone off, and really โ€˜plug inโ€™ to our true nature.

Wishing all a good weekend

Day 30 – USA/GA – NFD

Yep, made yesterday a WFD! Scales were fickle this morning, but I haven’t broken my fast yet. Probably will around lunch time. Waited an hour and reweighed. Result: 216 lbs. I met my October goal!!

Officially more than halfway to my overall target weight!

I’ll go set up November before I head out ๐Ÿ™‚

Day 30 UK NFD

Thank you for stepping up for November @northgeorgia I was thinking about it but like parties I enjoy participating much more than hosting and it must be karma to be rewarded with achieving your goal ๐Ÿ‘

Looks like Iโ€™ll have remained static- which Iโ€™m taking as a positive but November will be my turning point

Have a good weekend all

Day 30 – Rural Nebraska, USA – OMAD 1000 calories

Weigh-in 140.8. I’m becoming VERY impatient to get to the 130s, but at the same time, I’m content knowing I’m truly–and finally–on my way. I’ve decided to have enchiladas tomorrow, and one cookie, along with a normal brunch of eggs and bacon, but no toast, and no OJ. That feels like a reasonable compromise between continuing on this path, and honoring our family tradition. I’ll do a normal FD on Monday, and then return to the WFD and Ridiculously Big Salad the rest of the week.

@emma-taylor I’ve been so willing to do HFLC, but was truly struggling to find a way to do it that took little to no thought, but was the right level of macronutrients, so I love that it’s not only spelled out on Eat Like a Bear, but includes IF. And given that my high a week ago was 147.6 and I weighed 140.8 this morning, I’m thinking that’s solid evidence that my WFs and her Ridiculously Big Salad are a solid approach. It would be nice to be able to have success with a normal 5:2, but I simply WASN’T having success. I’m still hopeful that, when I finally get down to goal weight, I can go back to 5:2, or something strongly resembling it, for maintenance. It’ll be fun to watch your decision and your progress when you get home.

@at So glad you didn’t get flooded, but it’s a shame about the pub.

@northgeorgia So exciting to hit 216!!!! Congratulations!

The dining room table refinishing saga has a sad ending: it’s awful. It’s sticky and it’s rough, even though it was wonderfully smooth before I put on the poly. I’m hoping that it simply needs more time to dry for the stickiness to go away. ๐Ÿคž

I have a lot to do today, including baking and frosting those cut-out cookies, and I’ve come up with a way to entice me not to nibble while baking (something I find nearly impossible to avoid): if I don’t take ONE nibble, I get to order something from LL Bean. ๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ‘ There are several sweaters in the catalog I’ve been eyeing, and I’m wanting a new pair of slacks, but I’ve been holding off for several weeks, so it should serve as a great motivator to remember to mind those thoughtless nibbles.

Have a grand one, everyone! I may check in tomorrow, but I suspect I’ll be too busy and will see you in November!

Day 30 – NFD

Didnโ€™t eat very well yesterday, power came back after 24 hours with none. Saved freezer items, but the refrigerated items pretty much was a total loss.

Moving on to good news, Iโ€™m wearing a pair of โ€œmom jeansโ€, purchased pre-pandemic at the thrift shop, which were just a tad too tight to wear when I bought them. Iโ€™m certain I weigh about 5lb more than I did when I bought them, but they fit and are not even tight. They are, however, long enough in the legs that I have to roll the cuffs up twice, lol.

Maybe I can save some money up and get them shortened. (My disabilities make any such sewing impossible for me to do myself.). Of course, maybe better wait rather than spend $$ now because I suspect (hope?) at goal weight they will be rather large and might not be worthwhile to do so. Still, they are authentic 80โ€™s or early 90โ€™s with leather features on pockets and belt loops with that 80โ€™s stonewash denim look, so it might still be worthwhile/fun.

Tomorrow is my weigh-in day. Iโ€™m hopeful of good news b/c these pants fit. ๐Ÿ˜€

Sending good wishes to all.

Day 31 Melb Aust NFD

No FDs this month, but some CDs. Loss of weight: 1.4 kg, which while nothing to write home about, is definitely a move in the right direction – downwards, yay!

Thanks for being our October host, @high5 , and see you all next month!

See below

Wow, the last day of October!

Just a brief one for me as I wrote a long post and then our Internet connection went down due to the tail end of the storm and I lost it all!

Iโ€™ve been catching up with everybodyโ€™s posts

First of all Iโ€™m blown away by the success of @northgeorgia and @stichincarol
    ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰

Congratulations to you both! Very inspiring!

The water fasting is super impressive and Iโ€™m so pleased that youโ€™ve really find your water fasting Mojo @northgeorgia!!
    GO YOU!!!
    Thanks also for volunteering to host!

Secondly
    @stitchincarol! Congrats! It seems like you have really found your new groove with Eat like a bear.com!
    Iโ€™m really impressed!
    Like @EmmaTaylor, Iโ€™ve looked at her website and think that she is a really lovely lady! So nice also to see a WOCA out in front of the video tooโ€ฆ.

Whilst I am not the biggest fan of keto (purely because I find the transition into keto physically painful and quite exhausting) I am totally aware of its benefits from a health perspective, let alone from a weight loss perspective.

I am super grateful to you because the foray onto her website has prompted me to think that I can make some amendments to my own life which would be super easy to implement.

For example, whilst I am too โ€œwoossyโ€ to do back-to-back fasting days, there is absolutely no reason why I canโ€™t do an OMAD on the first day and then a proper FD on the second day.
    So thank you so much for this inspiration!

Lastly @babs_b
    I was so sorry to hear about your cat
    Our animals really are are โ€œfur babies โ€œand I expect you are feeling incredibly sad and bereft, I am so sorry

I have loved hearing all the stories about Thanksgiving recently and looking forward to hearing even more when we get to the actual date!

As for me, I need to get down to my maintenance weight as soon as possible in anticipation of the fast approaching holiday season!
    3.6 pounds to go!!!

See yโ€™all in November! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Day 31 – Uk – NFD

Just a quick check in to say that sadly our time with our boy drew to a close on Friday evening and heโ€™s now at peace ๐Ÿพ. What a month October has been. Iโ€™m taking it easy this weekend and will be back on the November thread.

Thank you @high5 for hosting this month and thank you to @northgeorgia for hosting November ๐Ÿ’

Day 31 ๐ŸŽƒ – South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – NFD

Final weigh-in for October 71.3 kgs; so a gain of 1.1 kgs, but well within my maintenance range of 70 – 72 kgs. So I don’t think I’ll be switching to 6:1 anytime soon. I can maybe get away with 1 FD per week once a month.

@northgeorgia – congratulations on reaching your goal! ๐ŸŽŠ๐ŸŽ‰ & @stitchincarol too, what a result?! ๐ŸŽฏ

@high5 – thank you for hosting this month’s Challenge.

Another article from Dr Mosley for anyone who’s interested:- https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-10146019/DR-MICHAEL-MOSLEY-real-reason-diets-dont-work.html

Happy Halloween! ๐Ÿ‘ป ๐ŸŽƒ

DAY 31 – UK – FD800

Yesterday ended up being just below TDEE and not a CD as planned but that’s OK with me.

I did get out and walked up to view the waterfalls and so glad I did – it was a spectacular sight and sound!! the sun even came out to play……met a friend on the way back to the village and ended up having coffee and cake hence not a CD as planned!!!

Dinner was a very healthy red cabbage, carrot and spring onion salad, Tomato, cucumber and avocado salad and griddled Black Garlic, cumin and chilli marinated salmon – love that combination ๐Ÿ˜‹

@babs_b – so sorry to hear about your cat ๐Ÿค—
    @northgeorgia – well done on definitely breaking that 220 barrier and achieving your October goal ๐Ÿ‘
    @stitchincarol – going from 147.6 a week ago to 140.8 this morning – just WOW!!! Do you mind sharing what you have in your “Ridiculously Big Salad”? ๐Ÿคžyour dining room table top dries properly and is non sticky
    @betsylee – 1.4kg is a win and heading you in the right direction๐Ÿ‘
    @funshipfreddie – maintaining is the aim for us all – well done for October
    @high5 – big thank you for hosting us during the October Challenge ๐Ÿ’ my apologies for being AWOL a lot but knowing the challenge was there for me to return to with a vengeance for the last week kept me motivated – weigh in tomorrow morning ๐Ÿคž I too will remain within my maintenance range!

See you all tomorrow in the November Challenge and it’s my Wedding Anniversary 41 years!!

I may be on my own today but I’ll start a pocket list to keep me motivated – aiming for a OMAD FD800 this evening after my afternoon yoga workshop 2.30-5.30

Pocket List Day 31 ๐ŸŽฏ
    @at

โ€œIf I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started, I was desperately wishing to be where I am nowโ€

Day 30 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 218 lbs. Lots of home cooking yesterday, but I feel I have ended the month well. Although last week saw an average increase of a pound, I successfully met my month’s goal yesterday. I am also down three pounds from September’s average, representing a 1.25% body weight loss for October. I only saw that amount of loss in May of this year, and in 2020, when I began.

I’m going to study my success and set reasonable goals through the fall and winter months. See you next month!

Day 31 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD

Weigh-in still 140.8, so not at my Halloween goal of 139–but far closer than it appeared last week I’d be! AND I managed to make my cut-out cookies yesterday with nary a nibble, and haven’t had one yet today. I have one set aside for tonight…but smelling the one my DH had just nibbled smelled so good, perhaps I’ll just settle for smells; I am DETERMINED to get into the 130s.

And thanks for the kudos, everyone; I’ve seldom in my life shown such discipline as I am these days, but–oddly–I’m actually finding it almost mindlessly easy. I can’t say for certain why it’s going so well, except that I think it started in August when I really thought through why I couldn’t always accomplish whatever eating goals I set each day and realized it was because I was “hoping” instead of “resolving.” It’s been a natural progression–thought progression, you realize–since then, fed by more than thirty minutes of contemplation every Tuesday when I’m driving to piano lessons. So, I don’t know if it will all evaporate as abruptly as it appeared, but while I have it, I’m going for an extreme approach so that I can enjoy results: WF Tuesday, sometimes (always?) Wednesdays, RBS Th/Fri/Sat, brunch on Sunday, and whatever on Monday.

Aww, @babs_b, I’m so sorry to hear you’ve lost your fur baby. I know it hurts. ((((((((@babs_b))))))))

@high5 If I were to do only a tiny portion of what I’m doing, I’d cut out as much flour/carbs and sugar as I could: no beer, no bread, no sweets/candy of any sort. Having made the decision to start there, it was easy to simply go the entire distance and do the Eat Like a Bear thing for full keto, but even a small elimination would have helped, I believe. And thanks for hosting October!!

@funshipfreddie Thanks for the article link; everything you post is so helpful and great for building up motivation.

@at I’m happy to share the Ridiculously Big Salad (RBS) ingredients. Here in the States, you can buy hearts of romaine at the grocery store, usually three in a package, so I take one entire heart and cut a second in half (top to bottom, not across) and put every last bit of that into a large bowl for me. Just me, LOL. I can have one (fairly small) tomato (because there are fair number of carbs in them) and onion and cucumber, and other veggies if I want. I bought a rotisserie chicken on Thursday, and DH and I used it up in two days–about 6-8oz of chicken for me each day. The dressing is supposed to be a homemade dressing, but I cheated in this one way in that I used a blue cheese dressing that needed using up; she says the dressing is around 500 calories and is part of achieving the HFLC. I could also add extras, so one day I cut up an avocado, another day I put on shredded carrots (another veg high in carbs), and another day I used a boatload of feta because the chicken was gone and I’d forgotten to thaw shrimp to saute. Simplest, here’s the link showing Amanda Rose making the salad: https://eatlikeabear.com/day1_sncv/?_kx=RC26_KlO3fVa6YqJTPCRSseUlJ2StMQDqQa3_wH-frzIfEhK8suZEIA_tA_OLiWM.WVqqH8

@northgeorgia Well done on achieving your goal yesterday and only being slightly up today!

The dining room table is still sticky, although perhaps not as bad as it was yesterday. Too bad I don’t have $5,000 to pay someone else to refinish it! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚ (I priced it out with several companies, so know I’ve got the right amount for the table, four leaves and six chairs. I should have asked about merely the table top!)

We generally only have about 30, perhaps 40 kids Trick or Treating. How many do the rest of you get? This is a world-wide thing, isn’t it?

Have a grand day!

Unfortunately I did not manage my FD yesterday ๐Ÿ˜ข but such is life – Weight this morning 58kg right at the top of my maintenance range!!! But today is a new day and the start of the Nice November Challenge so ready for a fresh start!

@stitchincarol – Thanks for your Big Salad Recipe” x

Thank you @high5 for hosting this challenge ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ’ See you in the November Challenge

Thank you for hosting @high5 ๐Ÿ‘

October wasnโ€™t my best month , see you all in November

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 315 total)

You must be logged in to reply.