On my 2 day

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  bellla 10 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• My friend told me about this new way of eating…She has been on it for 3 months and lost 25lbs. I looked you up online and started my first fast yesterday. I ended up a little over 500. Goofed in calculating my food. Will do better on my second fast day. It wasn’t has hard as I thought it would be.
    I’m 62 and have high blood pressure and high cholesterol. I want to drop 50lbs. I’m so excited about this and feel good about starting it..Looking forward to coming to this site for help and encouragement.

Mombolongo, welcome to our world.
    Like many of us “fasters you will be surprised by the effect the 5:2 has on your life. Like you my cholesterol is high and one of my targets is to lower this by using the 5:2 lifestyle.
    Remember Michael had the approach that the internal health benefits of this “fasting ” are the major factor with weight loss a welcome secondary benefit. So while you focus on loosing weight never forget the positives going on internally. One other piece of advice.. “dont sweat the small stuff”. In other words, keep it simple, dont worry, be happy…. That could be the words of a song..
    Keep us updated on your experiences.
    Good Luck.

Im also on day two of fasting..surprised how good I felt at bed time…no hunger pangs or other side effects..although feel a bit light headed this morning. The Miso soup really helped get me through the day, which I spent at home working on spreadsheets(boring)…so plenty of opportunities to snack! I too am in my 60’s with high blood pressure and high cholesterol..need to lose at least 14lbs- more if I can keep going. I have heard the plan really works…so here goes!

Help wanted! I completed my first week and decided to fast every second day for 1 week and lost 1kg (2.5 lbs) and was thrilled! Have just completed my second week and as recommended fasted 2 days this week, but have no weight loss! I am devastated! I counted all my calories and did it by the book. Has anyone else experienced this? I feel like a failure after all my hard work.

Hi everyone. I am also on day 2, started on Monday and fasting again today. I found Monday quite straightforward, today a little harder but the pyschological effect is working on me, I can do this today because I can have that bread I am craving tomorrow. It really is a total eye opener so although I feel a little hungry, I am realising that isn’t necessarily a bad thing and it will pass. Am enjoying planning my meals and have even roped my client into joining me so we can both eat the same lunch etc. I get a nice sense of achievement and although I am not overweight (8st 12lbs) I definitely am looking forward to shifting a little weight and feeling all of the other health benefits along the way. Just wish the pesky headaches would abate a little, water doesn’t seem to be helping.

I have been telling so many people about it that I keep getting asked if I am on commission!! Today’s purchase was zero noodles. Only 8 calories per packet so that’s my dinner tonight, hope they are tolerable!!

Welcome to all you other new joiners – be really interested in hearing your progress!

Allison
    x

A really good thing to eat is Spaghetti Squash… only 23 calories and so good for you. A little salt and pepper a little parm cheese, tomatoes, onion, black olives, and any other veggie you like. Toss and eat. And it makes a whole lot. 🙂

I am on day 2 of Fasting. I really like this Diet.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply.