On 2nd Fast day……coping ok

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Lolly_ 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Hello, I am a 54 year old woman and I have spent most of my adult life on and off diets. I have tried every other diet going but because I always felt hungry didn’t consider fasting as I thought I wouldn’t be able to do it. I always start diets but give up so Recently I have just been trying to eat healthy, but at work was grazing all day mainly on fruit, and felt continually hungry. Someone in work mentioned the 5 2 diet and thought I would try it.

I did my first fast day last Thursday and was amazed that I managed to get through the day without snacking all day. I drank lots of water and drank lemon and ginger tea too. I got a few hunger pangs but just had a drink of water to get through it and as really pleased with myself when I got through the day on just £500 calories. I found that I felt more alert and awake, and the following morning I woke before the alarm, feeling great.

I am on day 2 fast today and again drinking lots, and what is helping to keep me motivated is how much better I felt after day 1……not as tired and lethargic as usual and more energy. I wish I had started months ago……I love this way of eating and just hope I can continue and make this a new way of life. Any tips and advice from anyone who has been eating this way gratefully received, I have about a stone to lose, but more importantly want to be healthy. Thanks in advance.

Welcome, Honey — if you’re looking for a new way of life, you’re in the right place! Do read through the various threads in the forum. You’ll find many success stories and lots of advice. Join in any discussion and you’ll find support as well.

My best advice for the beginner is to calculate your TDEE (see “resources” above), keep it simple, and commit to a month of 5:2. Check out “how it works”, as well.

It sounds to me that you’re already discovering some of the benefits, so best of luck to you in your new journey!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.