Number of calories on fast day

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Sal47 7 years ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• The Fast Diet book says 500 calories on fast day. A recent article said 800 can anyone help?

Yes, there has been a recent change where Dr Mosley says that, with 800 calories on a fast day the benefits still stand. (In one article it said ‘an extra 200’ which means 700 limit for women). This is to make the 5:2 fasting accessible for people who find the 500 limit too restrictive.

It would be good if he updated this site to reflect it!

Most people doing 5:2 figure out how to manage fast days to best suit them. I managed well on about 350 calories. The important thing is to make sustainable in your life! Good luck working it out.

Just read your profile. Good luck for your fast today and hooray for only having to count calories to get your fast day sorted!

I think it’s wise to try the 500 calorie limit first and see if it works – I found it wasn’t that difficult to stick to 500 calories providing I used plenty of veg in my fast day meals. You may find the lower limit works for you. However, as Cinque said, the higher limit is a sensible alternative for those who just can’t stick to the plan because 500/600cals is too difficult.

I’m in the zero calories on fast day camp. I think it is easier and I have less concerns about how much I eat on non-fast days.

Even if you eat, you should still strive to have a longer period of time without eating than you normally would.

Anonymous

I often wonder about whether no calories and food would be easier than 500-700 on fast days.

If it helps i have about 550 cals on a fasting day, spread out throughout the day. Works well for me (I’m a woman).
    It’s really about finding what works best for you…..x

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply.