now or never

This topic contains 11 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Nika 10 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

• HI all. Im new to this and have read many of your comments and find them very encouraging. im 44 and have been struggling with my weight since my late teens. ive tried every diet out there and lose some weight but put it all back on and some! i feel i spend my life wishing i could do something about it but motivation always lets me down. i go great for a while then life just seems to get in the way. i really feel that if i dont do it this time i never will. this 5:2 seems so straight forward and i have already had my first fast day yesterday which went ok. dinner time was hard because i had to prepare dinner for my family but i got through … i look forward to sharing my experiences with you all and looking for motivation when i start to slip. thanks.x

Good luck Sheilad! We share a similar profile with our struggles with weight from the teenage years. I am 43 and also thinking it’s now or never. I’m beginning to realise that I need to put myself first sometimes and stop letting other stuff get in the way! 🙂 We all motivate each other on this forum and I’m sure you’ll find it a big help.

Thanks Ali43. We will support each other! how have you being doing so far?

Good luck Sheilad – the diet really works. Hope you get on well and let us know how you do…:)

Thanks to our motivational bandwagon Sheilad! I feel inclined to just call you Sheila, is this a good or a bad thing?

Anyway good job on your first fast day, the first few are usually the worst. They get better! Sometimes you have bad ones of course, everyone does – but just stick through it. And if a fast day just doesn’t fit in to the schedule that day just do it the next one!

Do you also exercise? What are your hobbys? Goals? Favorite color shirt?

Hi nika, ya call me sheila. im doing good so far this week. ive not gone crazy eating on non fast days and i think thats the secret to it. couldnt wait to get on this forum this morning to get some motivation and it never disappoints! thanks everyone. this time with your help i WILL do it.
    i bought a treadmill which i have seldom used until this week. and im a mum of four so never stop really. but i feel more energetic when i actually excercise..my favourite coulor is red or royal blue … i have a family wedding next yr and am determined to buy a size 12/14 super sexy dress for this…. and not to let my weight ruin every special event in my life…..thanks for the support.xx

Hi Sheilad, good luck, hope you reach your goal, sure you will.
    Keep us posted.
    You will get loads of support on here 🙂

Hey Sheila! Haha I just noticed I wrote “Thanks” instead of “Welcome” in my last post… what’s up with that?

Good to hear your energy is up, and using the forum for motivation is a very good idea! You can just read other people’s stories and know that we’re all on the same wagon together.

I wish you motivation and a flatter stomach!

Hey Sheila just hang in there I was surprised how in a very short time it all came together felt great like I mean on top of the world after week one I have now been doing it since Feb and will continue as a life style choice

keep it goimg

Hi again… well one week over and 4 1/2 pounds down!! feeling good! my two fast days went ok … well they were going brilliantly unitl i opened a bottle of wine at almost the end of the second and feel i blew it so i decided to do a third day on saturday so i would think thats how i maintained the weight loss..

this week im planning on doing 3 lunchtime to lunchtime fasts instead of two 36 hr fasts?? what does fellow fasters think of this?? i think that might be easier somehow… anyhow time will tell!! i shall report again shortly… good luck to everyone..

Hi Sheilad – wow 4.5 lbs is fantastic in 1 week! You should be really pleased with this achievment!! I am like you in that I sometimes throw in a 3rd day if I feel I have overindulged. I always stick to fast days no problem – it is the weekends I find hardest.

Not done lunch to lunch fasts so can’t advise – but see if it works for you and let us know how you get on.

Cath x

Hey Sheilad! I personally think lunch to lunch doesn’t work as well, in my head it kind of negates the effect of real fasting. But whatever works for you, I’m no expert! 🙂 Everyone has their own methods and this is all just one big weight loss experiment for all of us.

Congrats on your 4,5 pounds!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply.