no weight loss :(

This topic contains 15 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  rockyromero 10 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

• Hi everyone, I need help, now 2 x weeks into 5:2 diet, but only weighed myself after 1st week, just weighed myself again and have lost absolutely nothing. Feeling really down. I believe in the theory etc and the benefits of fasting, but I really do need to lose weight. I just do not know what to do? Please anyone got any advice, maybe I need to monitor my non fast days….

Chill. It will come off bit by bit. Just stick to a quarter of your tdee. Don’t overeat on non fast days.

Hi cw, please don’t feel disheartened! Whilst there are many people who lose a lot of weight regularly and quickly on 5:2, there is also a sizeable number of us whose weight loss does not kick in for many weeks and comes off very, very slowly. Two weeks is really early days! Stay positive, focus on the unseen health benefits of this plan until you begin to notice the visible ones 🙂

Thanks, I will try to chill out about it! and I was beginning to convince myself that I had lost some as my tummy did feel a bit less fat! oh well, must watch what I gobble on non fast days! 🙂

Ive hit a plateau after losing 9 lbs but i think this last few pounds will take a while to shift. I think this diet is one of small steps over a long time but it changes the way you eat and therefore the weight is more likely to stay off. Keep at it.

cw

u r going 2 do fine

did u measure ur self in the beginning?

many people lose inches instead weight

click on names 2 c their topics & replies

do a search of no loss

look @ the replies / topics of dr michael he discusses it also

http://thefastdiet.co.uk/more-on-what-to-do-if-youre-not-losing-weight-three-things-to-consider/

hope this helps

welcome 2 this lifestyle u r going 2 do great!!!!!!!!!

Hi CW,
    I started July 22 and the figures on the scale are the same week after week. But two weeks ago something happened! My jeans suddenly got too big and it feels like I have lost 5 kg, when the scale say only 100 grams… It is really strange and I do not understand it, but the feeling is nice. So have patience, cw, in a few weeks time something nice will happen to you too. Good luck!
    Ninna

I’m so glad I read this. I also started the 5:2 on 22nd July. After 1 week I lost 4.5lb (stunned and very very pleased) but since then I’ve yo-yoed up and down losing and gaining .5 to 1lb on and off. I’m feeling slightly disheartened but I do intend carrying on with my fast days which I find quite do-able so they’re not a chore. I don’t eat lots on my none fast days and I’ve noticed that I am eating more healthily all round.
    At the same time as starting the 5:2 I started exercising. As I’ve not done anything for soooooo long I started slowly with the help of exercises via podcasts and surprised myself by sticking to it and progressing through the levels. When I wasn’t losing any weight each week as other people seemed to be doing I decided to kid myself (or not) that I wasn’t losing it because I was turning fat into muscle, that’s kept me going. I do feel so much better for sticking to the exercises and will keep doing them but I just want to see a bit more of a difference on the scales. Reading these comments and others on this forum has helped.

Hi KateK and Everyone, exactly the same happened to me! I started in July and lost 4lbs in the first week. Then plateaued for a month! Then lost just 1lb in August and now nothing. And I have a good 2 stone / 30lbs to lose. It’s very frustrating! I do feel better and healthier, so I guess that’s some (small)consolation.

I’m going to try eating smaller portions on feed days and see if that can kick start anything.

Thanks for the forum, glad to know I’m not the only one.

@katek
    “At the same time as starting the 5:2 I started exercising…. I do feel so much better for sticking to the exercises and will keep doing them but I just want to see a bit more of a difference on the scales. ”

I also use scales to measure my weight and body fat, automatically. Scales for measuring weight are one dimensional reflections of our progress, and subject to misinterpretation. Fitting into clothes is another way of measuring our progress, as mentioned before.

Here’s tracking from my wireless scale:

Weight Change Over Time:
    Since yesterday: -0.3 lbs
    Since a week ago: -0.7 lbs
    Since two weeks ago: -0.9 lbs
    Since a month ago: -1.6 lbs

http://trendweight.com/u/2530328a1bd347/

Another measurent is for the activities that we have, both cardio and strengthening. I fast on my most active days intentionally and have an activity tracker by Misfit Shine that motivates me by comparing myself to my prior week’s performance. Both, my wife an I, have seen our activities increase since starting to wear them.

http://misfitwearables.com/reviews

Our fasting progress varies for each of us and it requires patience and time to take effect. By measuring and monitoring our performance effortlessly, we can have more time to focus on living well.

I fast on my most active days intentionally and have an activity tracker by Misfit Shine that motivates me by comparing myself to my prior week’s performance. Both, my wife and I, have seen our activities increase since starting to wear them.

I’m surprised that others here don’t mention any activity trackers.

With the new iPhone, imbedded inside will be activity trackers. In 2014, the projected year of wearable devices, we will see a lot of measurement of activities.

Fasting is an activity & it should be associated with movement.

I’m trying to measure progress on this, besides a weight scale.

Has anyone else given thought to this?

I have a fitbit which uploads info onto my computer and i can track calories burned, steps walked, miles and activity level. have had it since xmas and am obsessive using it (even when just pottering Rockyromero)

@chilliexx
    “(even when just pottering Rockyromero)”

I finally looked up that word pottering in the dictionary. It’s the same thing as puttering.!

It’s the same thing!

No wonder I didn’t connected the two.

Now I know.

Really pleased to read this I am much the same lost 4lb first week only 1 second week and this week stayed the same. However having read about measuring I got the tape measure out and have lost 1inch from my hips and 1.5 from my waist so feeling much happier. I am using the My Fitness Pal app to record calories, weight and measurements find it really useful. Good luck everyone and thanks for the inspiration and support it really helps 🙂

My sister started two week ago and isn’t losing any weight. But when she wrote all her calories for the non fast days she found out she was eating way to less on those days. She did eat like that for years so she was in starvationmode. She started to eat more on her fast days and now she stopped gaining weight. She understands that her body must first get out of the starvation mode, before she can lose weight. We think it will start in a few weeks. Maybe this is also the case with you?

@chilliexx
    “I have a fitbit which uploads info onto my computer and i can track calories burned, steps walked, miles and activity level. ”

Someone that I know that has a Fitbit tracker sent me a note that he had crossed the 5 million step mark since he has been tracking.

That’s a lot of steps!

I checked my step count for the last 16 months and I’ve logged over 1.5 million steps. It’s an interesting measure of activity that gives the sense of movement, health, and being alive.

I’m tracking my weight fluctuations in the same way over time, and I’m finding it to be a reason for staying on course with the fasting lifestyle. It’s also effortless because I can just wear a tracker constantly that doesn’t intrude and step on a wireless scale daily.

It does motivate me.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply.