No problem on fast days, but eat too much on non-fast days!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Welcome to The Fast Diet and Exercise forums
No problem on fast days, but eat too much on non-fast days!

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Kiwiana 10 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Hi, this is my first post.
    Started the diet in August 2012 after watching the Horizon programme.
    Lost a total of 39 pounds so far, but could do with losing another 3 or 4 pounds to get down to 11 stone. I’m about 5’8″ and currently 11st.4lbs.
    Been arround the 11.5 stone mark since January, but just can’t seem to lose any more weight, even though I’m fasting 3 days per week.
    Never had problem with fast days, but now seem to over eat on non-fast days.
    I was hoping to get down to 11 stone, then just do 1 day perweek fast!
    I hill walk about 3 times per week for about 1 to 1.5 hours at a time, but am still finding it hard to lose the extra few pounds.
    Any ideas appreciated.

Hi Kitch! I’m a newbie so I am not really in a place to offer up suggestions; I really just wanted to commend you on your determination and tenacity and success! My only thought is perhaps you shouldn’t obsess about a particular number so much so that it undermines your sense of accomplishment. Maybe just give it a rest, go down to the 6:1 maintenance and relax for a bit (perhaps that will address the over-eating since you’ll be down to one fast day). After a few months, if you still think you need to lose that extra tiny bit, try 5:2 again and see what happens. (Ha, I guess I had suggestions after all!) Anyway, congrats on your success!

Hi! I am also finding that I am beginning to overeat on fast days…. I have got my weight down by 9lbs which is great but ideally want to shift another 5lb – it doesn’t sound much but it just isn’t happening. I have also done the occasional 4:3 combination which I hoped might compensate – like you I want to get to a point where I can relax a bit and go for the 6:1. Maybe we both ought to relax for a bit, give our bodies a break. Good luck! PS, I’ve added weight training to my exercise routine, this is supposed to be great for fat burning and really does tone you up. I am fitting into trousers that I’d given up on!

Are you monitoring your calorie intake on non fast days? Myfitnesspal is a great site for that. Log the food before you eat it. Sometimes the calorie count is enough to put the food down and go for a healthy optiion.

There is a TDEE thread here. Find out what your TDEE is eat that amount on your off days.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.