Newbie with a couple of questions!

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Dido53 10 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Hi all,
    Started last week, found my first two fasts days tough but manageable. I’ve got 1-1.5 stone to lose, so not a massive amount. Got my first weigh n tomorrow, but I don’t think I’ve lost anything at all? Anyone else found this?

I’ve used the calculator on here for my bmi, bar and tdee, (slightly skewed at the mo as i have broken my foot so energy expenditure will be below normal for the next 6 weeeks) are you supposed to adjust your calorie intake to take account for your tdee? So if my tdee was 1800 not 2000, should I then quarter that rather than eat 500?
    Thanks

Yay, 1st weigh in and 2lbs off! Plus 1/2 inch off bust, but nowhere else! 2nd wk first fast day today, just having a cup of coffee with a dash of semi skimmed, then nothing til lunch. Must remember to buy some miso soup.

Well done on your weight loss. I would just stick to the 500 calls on fast days. I have been following the 5:2 for 6 weeks now and lost 9 lbs. I don’t count calls on non fast days as I want to let my body realise when I am full. On fast days I eat 500. For someone who has dieted all my life this is the best I have felt in ages. More energy, clothes that fit better and weight loss every week. I think the plan is so simple and doesn’t need over thinking – that’s the beauty of it! Good luck and keep it simple! X

Hi Eowyn 3066. I have been Fast Dieting since end of February with similar target to you. I followed book recommendation of 500 cals on fast days and have lost 1 stone. It was slow at first and I lost inches before weight. I felt as if it was working from the inside out as I felt so much healthier. To be honest I haven’t counted calories on my non-fast days but have been eating more sensibly and healthier, pretty much cutting out potatoes altogether-don’t need them, using lots more fresh veg plus snacking less. My appetite has definitely lessened. In the meantime I have had a 2 week holiday in Greece when I did not diet at all and it has only taken just over a week and 3 fast days to be back to where I was before the holiday. I have decided not to complicate matters so am not following the TDEE calc,which lessens my calorie intake by about 20 on a fast day, as I have been successful so far and “if it ain’t broke why fix it?” Bofa45 is right, I think, it is simple and no need to over think. Good luck!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.