Newbie to forum, been fasting a few weeks.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  rockyromero 10 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Hi guys,

I’m a 32 year old guy. Simply got to that age now where I can’t eat and drink what I want without consequences! I’m 6 foot and currently weigh just under 15 stone. I’ve been fasting for a few weeks now but didn’t come across this forum till today. It’s nice to find people who are taking part in this instead of work colleagues who wave chocolate éclairs in front of me on my fasting days!

I started the fast diet on the advice of one of my best friends who wanted to lose weight to fit in his suit for my wedding.

I’ve been doing this a few weeks now and am used to my fasting days, the first few were difficult but if you keep at it they soon become easier. Already I am noticing that on my none fasting days I’m getting fuller quicker and despite not losing masses of weight my waist size has dropped.

@dawsonski
    “work colleagues who wave chocolate éclairs in front of me on my fasting days!”

They actually do that intentionally?

How do you respond?

Usually with a hand gesture involving my middle finger! It is all said in jest, at first it wasn’t appreciated by myself but I’m sure they’ll get bored of it soon enough.

@dawsonski
    ” at first it wasn’t appreciated by myself but I’m sure they’ll get bored of it soon enough.”

Actually, immediately defying them is important as long as you’re staying strong.

It does test your resolve, doesn’t it?

That it does, though now it doesn’t affect me, though for some reasons there tends to be a lot more food related adverts on TV on your fasting day!

Walking past a bakery shop or a restaurant, people eating right in front of you, or worse, colleagues trying you like you’re experiencing… What works for me is trying to enjoy the smell of food without thinking of eating it. Just enjoy it like you would a beautiful view. The smell in itself, strangely enough, can be satisfying instead of getting you into trouble. Try it. You’ll surprise your colleagues by just saying “hm smells nice” and getting on with what you were doing.
    Good luck!

@sams
    “Walking past a bakery shop or a restaurant, people eating right in front of you, ”

Occasionally, I’ve actually gone up to a bakery, look at all the pastries or desserts, and then just walk away.

I likened that to bullfighting. The Bullfighter walks away from the bull.

It works for me.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply.