Newbie to 4:3 looking for some advice (both IF wise & apps)!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Welcome to The Fast Diet and Exercise forums
Newbie to 4:3 looking for some advice (both IF wise & apps)!

This topic contains 1 reply, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  pollyanna24 3 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Hi! I did 5:2 a few years ago but recently have been doing the 16:8. I found this too restrictive for my daily routine, so decided to try the 4:3. I’ve also been using the Simple app to do this but I think the app is confusing me. I’ve read all Dr Ms books & Krista Varady’s too. So my questions/queries are this:
    1. If my fasting days are Monday, Wednesday & Friday, I fast from the last time I stopped eating the night before & count 24hrs until I can eat again (which is what the app does) or do I wait until the next morning of a non-fasting day? I appreciate it’s a longer window to do the latter, so may be better overall.
    2. IF Apps…even if you sign up for 4:3 or 5:2, and you are advised to eat on those days (500 cals), if you log food, it breaks the fast! Anybody found anything that supports this better?

Sorry to ask these questions if they already been asked before, but I couldn’t find them in all the threads!
    Thanks for any hints, tips & advice you can give me!

Hi beccaha,

I can’t help with the App question but for the timing side (I’ve been doing 5:2 for a little over 7 years) I would say you wait until the next morning. I eat small meals at breakfast, lunch and dinner on my fast days and I consider the fasting period to be from the last thing I eat the day before to breakfast on the following day.

Hope this may help a bit.

I agree with Mr. Data.

I count my fast from the moment I wake up until I go to sleep and then the next day is a new day.

I generally don’t eat all day, save for a cup of coffee, and have a microwave meal in the evening with vegetables. Cup of tea in the evening. Then an Alpen Bar with a cup of tea before I got to bed.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.