Newbie, starting tomorrow, excited.

This topic contains 12 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  zec4peach 10 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

• Hi there,

I’ve watched Michael’s great doc on 5:2, love the concept of 5:2 diet/lifestyle and it makes sense.

Tomorrow I will start for the first time on my 500 calories per day. Having a low cal brekkie and evening meal appeals to me. I’ve planned to have 1 poached egg, toast, & grilled tomato, an apple for brekkie (300 cals), light evening meal: sardines & salad. I figure protein will keep me going. Any thoughts?
    Thanks
    Liza 🙂

@lizac
    “Any thoughts?”

Yes.

Don’t think.

Do.

Update us.

âž°

Hi Rockyromero,

My mindset of increasing my protein during those 2 days and my food intake for Day 1. Any other thoughts/ideas on breakfast. I wasnt clear. 🙂

I ordered the book so I’m sure I’ll have plenty of ideas on what to eat on those 2 days..

Will let you know how I go.

You might find like me once you ‘ eat’ you get hungry quickly. I try and hold off eating for as long as poss on fast days and then eat….and eat..and eat! My menu is 501 cals.
    I struggle to finish. As I am making sure I get as much bang for my calorie buck.
    I drink herbal teas, maybe 2-3 on a fast day, which keeps me going during the day. Water and herb teas as breakfast
    Chew gum to keep the breath better than a chewed up giraffes ear
    If I’m with people ( sahm)

See how you go..and if you are starving by 11, maybe next time eat about 12.3o and then dinner about 6 etc with the apple about 3

Keep us posted,

Thanks dumpling for your suggestions, I’ve since changed my first day menu, brekkie 130 cals afternoon 220, evening 150. I know I’ll need to eat morning but I’ll see how I get on. Cheers

Hi Lizac

I started off with high cal breakkie a too, but soon found that by starting to eat early, I was hungry for more of the day. Now I put off my first meal until closer to lunch time. I write a blog and do a progress report each Tuesday, showing my meals and ideas for a fast day, it may be of some use for you.

http://meg-made.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/lose-day-tuesday-iv.html

Good luck! The first week is the hardest, so just be tough!!

Meg

Have signed up!

That baked porridge..oh my.
    I’m not a porridge fan, although my mate does a wicked one in a thermomix. I’ll eat that, but I could do Gordon’s one I think.
    More of a dessert…I lovvvvveee desserts!

Loved the liberty’s pics too. We are going to England for chrimbo and hope to take the kids to there, harrods and Hamleys.
    Good luck meg with the fasting. Your photos are brilliant.

First day of my fasting day, 8 pm and all 500 calories eaten. I feel fine, not tired as some have experienced. I have had a mild headache, still do but understand why. Prob lower blood sugar level apparently deceases fuel to one’s brain! Drinking plenty of water. Next fasting day I will leave most of my calories for afternoon, evening as u both suggested.:)

Hey Lizac, congrats on doing so well! I only eat in the evenings because it’s easier for me to say “I’m not eating ANYTHING until I get home from work” than “Okay I’ll eat a little bit here and here and…” It makes me go crazy. Instead I just don’t worry about food for most of the day and it leaves room for a larger meal in the evening!
    You said “I know I’ll need to eat morning”. How do you know this? Have you every really tried? A lot of people think they “need” breakfast but when they skip it for a while it turns out they do just as well without it.

Thanks, it was a breeze really. I like to exercise in the morning before work and having something in my stomach feels right. In saying that,u may have a point, will try it next fasting day! Cheers

I am trying the 5.2 with my husband. We are both 49 and have always eaten really well and exercised at a high level. I’m a health professional and was blown away by just how much sense that intermittent fasting makes. I have studied diabetes and have been thinking along these lines for many years. My husband has a genetic link to type 2 diabetes and has hypertension and high cholesterol even though like Dr Mosely appears to not be overweight. He is developing a bit of central fat (the dangerous stuff). Remember that pre diabetes is often not detected, we found out from a routine eye test and minor changes to his blood vessels.
    Anyway he has done 2 weeks and lost 2kg all from his belly. He loves the simplicity of it and being a determined character he likes the challenge. We like to exercise hard on the fast day morning to push into empty sooner, small protein breakfast and try to have at least 12 hours before eating again, personally I think the gap with no food is important to spend longer in fat burning zone. Day after we do a long steady walk to really empty the tank and stress the system.
    I find it tough going and I do cheat a bit as I’m not that strong willed. I eat 600-700 on fast but still lost 2kg in 3 weeks.
    I’m going to be good next week and try to stay on the 500. Headaches tend to get the better of me and I can’t take pain killers on an empty stomach.
    I’m amazed at the results and how it’s changing peoples lives. We’ll done everybody and keep up the good work
    Z 🙂

Hey Zec! Great going so far it sounds like. Well I was thinking about giving you some tips on those headaches and stuff, but you being a health professional it’d feel weird to ask whether you drink enough during the day 😛

Instead I’ll just say good luck!

@ Lizac, good to hear it was so easy. Morning exercise isn’t my thing, but if I did it, I’d probably eat a small bit of protein… then again, I do 22:2 (or something) so I just wouldn’t exercise in the morning then 😛
    Let me know how the next fasting day pans out!

You are probably right about fluid intake. I just like to think its my brain growing as it’s supposed to do when fasting!!!!!
    That’s what I tell my husband anyway.
    Z:)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply.