Newbie – starting today

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Claire Maria 10 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• I am on my first fast day and I am going to do the 2nd one tomorrow as I am going to Dublin for the week end. I have struggled with my weight all my adult life, constantly yo-yoing and have tried nearly every diet going. I lost 3 stone in 2010 just eating shakes, soup etc for 3 months but have put 2 stone back on and I could never face the diet again, so I hopefully I won’t find the fast days too difficult. Since Nov 2012 I have been doing a lot of exercise, 2 sessions most days – an exercise class and a run or cycle so my weight has not gone up but I have not lost any, as I have been probably been eating more. I really enjoy exercise, but can not motivate myself to cut back on food but this diet sounds like it is the answer.

Well done, I found the first 2 weeks the hardest, then I didn’t feel so hungry. Also I have used the 3 months of the diet to slowly address the bad eating habits I had gotten into while I don’t feel so hungry and also tried to listen to my body more. I still have weekends where I eat too much and have snacks I shouldn’t, but they are occasional treats rather than the norm and I know that because of this the extra weight comes off the following week.

Thanks for the advice. I had a bit of a false start and didn’t stick to the 2nd day + ate more in Dublin and then didn’t go back to it; but I have just done 2 days now and have lost 5lbs so I am really pleased. I wasn’t that hungry but I
    am now and really looking forward to breakfast. I’m going to try and eat healthier on the 5 days so not to undo the good work. I can’t exercise at the moment as I have hurt my knee but I think i was using exercise as a excuse to overeat!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.